Being kicked off Remote Desktop

TC

Hello,

I was noticeing what I call a problem in Remote Desktop.

If I am logged into Remote Desktop as User A Remotely and
someone else tries to log as User A I am being kicked off.

Is there a way to prevent the first User A from being kicked
off? I tried looking in MS Knowledge Base and so far I haven't seen
anything.

Any thoughts?

TC

TC wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was noticeing what I call a problem in Remote Desktop.
>
> If I am logged into Remote Desktop as User A Remotely and
> someone else tries to log as User A I am being kicked off.
>
> Is there a way to prevent the first User A from being kicked
> off? I tried looking in MS Knowledge Base and so far I haven't seen
> anything.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> TC

Anyone who knows your password, knows the default admin credentials, or has
local admin rights themselves, can log off the remotely logged in user from
the console.
Only one login is allowed at once on any WinXP box....either remote or
local/console.

TC

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 22:56:43 -0500, "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
<lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote:

>TC wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I was noticeing what I call a problem in Remote Desktop.
>>
>> If I am logged into Remote Desktop as User A Remotely and
>> someone else tries to log as User A I am being kicked off.
>>
>> Is there a way to prevent the first User A from being kicked
>> off? I tried looking in MS Knowledge Base and so far I haven't seen
>> anything.
>>
>> Any thoughts?
>>
>> TC
>
>Anyone who knows your password, knows the default admin credentials, or has
>local admin rights themselves, can log off the remotely logged in user from
>the console.
>Only one login is allowed at once on any WinXP box....either remote or
>local/console.

This is what was going on for the example.
I'm going for my MCDST in class we where remote desktoping and we
noticed. That if someone was to remote into my PC and on Account A
then another person was to log in with Account A remotely the first
would be kicked off.

I know local can kick of remote and remote local. But is there a way
on XP to keep a remote from kicking off a remote? Or even a remote
from kicking off a local or what ever combination you want to make?

TC

No...

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=280828

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"TC" <fake@fake.fak> wrote in message news:l7cur0lam0uj176e4mvvc4rs3dfb2a7756@4ax.com...
> On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 22:56:43 -0500, "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>TC wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I was noticeing what I call a problem in Remote Desktop.
>>>
>>> If I am logged into Remote Desktop as User A Remotely and
>>> someone else tries to log as User A I am being kicked off.
>>>
>>> Is there a way to prevent the first User A from being kicked
>>> off? I tried looking in MS Knowledge Base and so far I haven't seen
>>> anything.
>>>
>>> Any thoughts?
>>>
>>> TC
>>
>>Anyone who knows your password, knows the default admin credentials, or has
>>local admin rights themselves, can log off the remotely logged in user from
>>the console.
>>Only one login is allowed at once on any WinXP box....either remote or
>>local/console.
>
> This is what was going on for the example.
> I'm going for my MCDST in class we where remote desktoping and we
> noticed. That if someone was to remote into my PC and on Account A
> then another person was to log in with Account A remotely the first
> would be kicked off.
>
> I know local can kick of remote and remote local. But is there a way
> on XP to keep a remote from kicking off a remote? Or even a remote
> from kicking off a local or what ever combination you want to make?
>
> TC

TC

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 15:01:46 -0600, "Sooner Al"
<SoonerAl@somewhere.net.invalid> wrote:

>No...
>
>http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=280828

Thank you for the link. When I was searching the knowledge base I
didn't see that because I was looking for something different. At
least now, I understand what was going on and the different ways it
works.

Thank you again.

TC