[SOLVED] Bendy fins on this new AIO coooler I bought two days ago. Is this a major issue?

Jun 11, 2021
I was just unboxing my Gamerstorm Castle 240 RGB V2 that I bought 2 days ago as I am building second ever PC. There are clearly visible bendy fins on the radiator.

Please see: https://i.postimg.cc/yNBxQ3R4/IMG-20210623-233721.jpg

This is a cheaper aio. Replacing it will be a huge hassle for me. I like the design and i know this aio is very scarce in my country's market right now. My question is: how huge of a problem is the bendy fins if they are a problem in the first place? Will these bends cause problem in terms of heating?

If it isn't an issue at all, I would like to keep the cooler. If it poses any significant problem, I will take actions to get a replacement immediately.

Thanks in advance for helping.

Solution
Should be just fine. It's rather common to see radiators with some bent fins because of how easy it is to bend them

Those particular bent spots won't dissipate heat as efficiently but that shouldn't be a problem, you'd have to bend a lot more fins than that to get to the point where you'd be better off replacing it

EmmaDobozi

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2013
I made a quick count : it seems that there are 13 rows, each with some 50 sinus-like waves -- so a total of about 2500 "individual" fins.
If 10 of them would be totally blinded, that would amount to only 0,4 % of the surface.
But they are not -- only a few are slightly bent, meaning that air could still flow unhindered.
So, my assumption is that functionally will not mind at all.

I would not replace it for this visual imperfection ; but I would still raise the question with the seller and ask for partial refund or for a discount coupon to use at next purchase, if possible.

Last edited: