benefits of dual channel ram on i3

DKFish

Commendable
Jun 18, 2016
hello guys, im planning on getting an i3 6100 and pair it with a 1050, but im kinda lost on the ram world, what exactly are the benefits of dual channel ram on i3's only for gaming? im getting for sure 8 gigs, but if dual channel gives extra frames ( like faster ram speed on i3's ) i will get dual channel ram.

Possible Solutions:

1) If dual channel really gives anything in games i will get 2x8 gigs now, and later on have more money for an ssd

2) If i decide to get 1x8, i will surely add 1 more and run on them on dual channel no matter what. *EDIT: The same stick from the same company*

PS: Yeah the ram speed will be 2666mhz

Solution
Dual channel can add 10-15% in DRAM performance....and yes would get it all now, as there are no guarantees when 'adding' more DRAM - even if you got a second stick of the same exact model ;)

DKFish

Commendable
Jun 18, 2016
i built that for 550 in greece, and i dont want to go any lower in terms of specs, if you could build something like 500 it would be great. Oh btw i want a windowed case, and a blue/black theme to match with my lighting and peripherals.

From personal experience. Had 2x4gb RAM quite a few builds ago, put them in the wrong slots and was running single channel. Fixed it to dual channel, windows 7 was noticeably snappier. Not really a tangible difference in most games frames wise, but in the windows environment it made a difference. Figure the difference between the very bestest fastest RAM and the basest slowest RAM is only gonna be a few frames per second under ideal conditions, single channel with one stick, or if you have 4 slots or more, populating the wrong slots will be effectively half the speed of dual channel, not a perfect metaphor, but for intents and purposes. I recommend get the Dual kit now. Mixing RAM sticks, same manufacturer, same part number, same lot are not guaranteed to run at full speed together. A *set* of RAM is guaranteed out of the box to play nice, no monkeying with the timings or voltages or anything, it's guaranteed to work right the first time. It can save tons of time monkeying and your setup with two sticks of single stick RAM may *never* run right all the time, you might not even know it's the RAM that's the problem and you can troubleshoot for days/weeks. Course, it might run perfect too. The point is you don't know and if you're gonna get it anyhow, why ask for trouble?