Benefits of registering

hurleyskate284

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2004
After you install games, they often ask you to register. I just skip it, is there any benefits to registering?

I am certain now that I am
Vindicated, I am selfish, I am wrong
I am right, I swear I'm right,
Swear I knew it all along

Stinkfinger

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2004
All i know is they say by registering you're supposed to get get priority tech support and product emails(if selected) and whatnot. Depending on which game and which game maker, i register. But i uncheck all the email things that they want to send. I guess its personnal preference. Other than that, i wouldnt know.

Confuscious say: He who go to bed with itchy ass, wake up with stinkyfinger

Coyote

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2003
I haven't noticed any benefits to it and have basically stopped. I just go to the website and look for patches if there's a prob. If no probs, I hardly even do that. Why fix it till it's broke?

Anyway, I usually wait a while after the games out and let others find the headaches. By the time I buy, there's usually at least one or two patches out. Never had to bother with tech support.

Mobile XP 2600+ (11X200)
Abit NF7-S v 2.0
Maxtor 60GB ATA 133 7200RPM
512MB Corsair Twinx 3200LL
BBA 9800 Pro
Enermax Noisetaker 420 watts
Win98SE

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Of course, technically it's not SPAM. When we check those little boxes in the registration forms we are giving permission to be emailed.

I don't mind getting genuine manufacturer news or product update notifications but I just get more SPAM. At least it seems that way.

<b>56K, slow and steady does not win the race on internet!</b>

Stinkfinger

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2004
like i said (if selected) in my first post and since i DID register Far Cry, when i emailed tech suport, i got a reply right away.

Confuscious say: He who go to bed with itchy ass, wake up with stinkyfinger