Question Benq Monitor screen heating issue

Akxtinct

Commendable
Jun 28, 2020
My BenQ GW2883 monitor is getting warm at the bottom horizontal position, specifically over the taskbar, and after a few minutes, black fadeout starts to appear. Is this issue related to the backlight? What could be causing this? Any information regarding this matter would be helpful.

Akxtinct

Commendable
Jun 28, 2020
Yes it is and I guess it starts get little more warm if I keep PC on for longer period.
Even that fadeout starts to get little bigger and darker. Yelp ;(

Akxtinct

Commendable
Jun 28, 2020
With lowest brightness, fadeout is smaller and lighter and on high brightness it is opposite.
I changed the brightness settings from both monitor built in setting/nvidia control panel.

Last edited:
With lowest brightness, fadeout is smaller and lighter and on high brightness it is opposite.
I changed the brightness settings from both monitor built in setting/nvidia control panel.

If the brightness control is still working fine, I think the problem might be inside the screen assembly.

The backlight could be dimmer over the time but the screen's colors should not fade.

Any update about the monitor?

Don't be too concerned about the warming, old LCD screens use CCFL lamp as backlight so it usually feels warmer at the bottom where the lamp is located. Newer LCD screens use LED backlight so the surface temperature is the same.

If the CCFL lamp works fine then your screen's LCD panel might be experiencing natural degradation due to age.

Reactions: Akxtinct