BenQ XL2720Z v1 or XL2420Z v2 firmware?

Sa1cor

Reputable
Sep 13, 2014
Greetings,

I'm planning to get a BenQ XL2720Z/XL2420Z monitor. I've go two shops to choose from, one sells the XL2420Z with v2, other sells the XL2720Z with v1 firmware. I can't make up my mind and would like to hear your opinion on the fallowing questions:

• ■ What's the real difference between v1 and v2 firmware?
    ■ Is 1920x1080 enough on a 27 inch display (from my own research is seems that there are many different opinions and no real general answer, so I would really appreciate any additional input from you guys).
    ■Which one would you get, and why?
Huge thank you in advance!

Sa1cor

Reputable
Sep 13, 2014
Thanks for helping me again Chris :). So v1 isn't "faulty" or anything like that? v2 wouldn't bring any direct performance improvements?
In this pic we can see that the default configuration puts the best quality on top, while the bottom is blurry. Now I'm not a perfectionist or anything, but I still want to know if that's normal by today's standards. I mean, there would still be a lot less blur on the bottom of the screen compared to your typical 60hz display right?
If you were me, which one would you get personally? :)

jumping from 60 to 120-144hz will already greatly improve these monitor attributes which i can personally confirm(i love my XL2420T 24'') :) unfortunately, i havent dealt with any 27'' 1080p monitor yet, so i cant comment on the impact of lower pixel density!, however i would trust tom's review that gave the 27'' benq monitor the smart buy award! you are welcome again!:)

Sa1cor

Reputable
Sep 13, 2014

Great! Really appreciate the input. I would love to hear more opinions as well. :)

Sa1cor

Reputable
Sep 13, 2014
Now since I'm slowly tilting towards the 27" (since I found you you can upgrade to v2 with linux without any additional hardware), I would also really like to hear some opinions about 27" and 1920x1080 on this specific monitor (general opinions are more than welcome as well). As far as I heard, the image quality seems to be different depending on the quality of the monitor, in some cases people actually found 1080p to be better looking on their new 27" display when they moved from their old 24". Is this actually possible?