Question Bent a pin on motherboard but fixed it - is that causing my issues?

matharoo

Commendable
Dec 18, 2016
A few weeks back I removed a power connector from the motherboard (that went right next to the CPU). When I tried to push it back in, it wouldn't go in, and I accidentally bent a pin, on the motherboard.

Using a flat screwdriver I put the pin back in place, and the PC worked, and is still working. But once or twice every day it shuts down without any errors or BSODs.

I was thinking of replacing the PSU as I've tested both of my RAM sticks which don't seem to have any issues. Then I remembered my fuck up, when I bent the pin.

How likely is it that the bent pin (that I fixed) could be causing these issues that I'm having with PC restarts? I didn't have the issue before that happened. But it did start happening like a week after the incident.

matharoo

Commendable
Dec 18, 2016
Can we at first make clear what exact connector you mean on your motherboard? It would be nice to get a picture of your own motherboard showing the connector.
Sorry I just checked with someone more knowledgeable than me, and turns out it's a port for the USB slots on the front of the case.