Question best 4080 brand?

Znn

Prominent
Aug 30, 2022
looking to get 4080, what do you guys think the best brand for 4080 is? preferably one under $1700/1800 CAD, that's best in performance and cooling, and then maybe sound and energy efficiency

There really isn't a "best" anymore since EVGA got out of the business of making gaming cards. Everybody else is on pretty equal footing when comparing models in the same price range.

For your money, I'd say this is a pretty safe bet as the TUF Gaming OC tends to have better binned silicon than the Gaming non-OC and other similar models. And since it's the same price right now as the TUF Gaming, makes no sense to go with lower binned product.

PCPartPicker Part List

Video Card: Asus TUF GAMING OC GeForce RTX 4080 16 GB Video Card ($1799.99 @ Best Buy Canada)
Total: $1799.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-11-23 23:40 EST-0500

But honestly, if you want a card that is at least moderately better than any of the mid tiered models, you're going to have to spend moderately more money to look at something like the ASUS Strix Gaming OC (1899.00 CAD) or MSI Suprim X (1979.00 CAD). Then after that you start getting into specialty cards like the ASUS Noctua OC and Aorus Master or Xtreme waterforce models. But even those are not going to offer you a gigantic difference from what you'll get from something like the TUF OC.

And if you need to spend even less, then the Zotac Gaming Trinity OC is a good choice at about 1690 CAD.

Reactions: Znn
It literally doesn't matter. Get whatever costs the least. That's usually PNY or Zotac. You're not going to get the one "that's best in performance and cooling" if you want to pay a low price, that's just crazy talk.

Fortunately, the difference between what could be called "the best" and what could be called "the worst" is less than 5%. You literally wouldn't be able to tell one from the other.

You can get a Founder's Edition from Bestbuy for only $1,600. I was shocked to see the Founder's edition in stock but there it is!

I would question why you want an RTX 4080 because it's a terrible value unless you do more than game.

Reactions: Znn

Znn

Prominent
Aug 30, 2022
It literally doesn't matter. Get whatever costs the least. That's usually PNY or Zotac. You're not going to get the one "that's best in performance and cooling" if you want to pay a low price, that's just crazy talk.

Fortunately, the difference between what could be called "the best" and what could be called "the worst" is less than 5%. You literally wouldn't be able to tell one from the other.

You can get a Founder's Edition from Bestbuy for only $1,600. I was shocked to see the Founder's edition in stock but there it is!

I would question why you want an RTX 4080 because it's a terrible value unless you do more than game.
im getting that gpu for vr gaming, n also for that 16 gb vram. Also I sometimes use unity to make games

Reactions: Avro Arrow
It literally doesn't matter.
It literally DOES matter, it's just that it doesn't necessarily matter ENOUGH for most people. And HOW it matters is the binning. Are you going to try and argue that binning isn't a thing?

Because higher binned parts tend to run cooler, which helps them to last longer, or to run at same clocks while running at equivalent temperatures, or by allowing for better overclocking if you should choose to do so.

Higher end cards also tend to have better cooler designs which absolutely can have an effect on performance and longevity, especially in the long run when lesser cards that are run hard might tend to begin breaking down sooner. There are definitely other reasons as well but regardless there ARE reasons why purchasing a better card is not a bad idea OTHER than simply new card vs new card 5% performance differences.

But in general, I wouldn't disagree that for most people there isn't enough of those differences to make it any kind of worth it to pay significantly more.

TRENDING THREADS