games29addict

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012
Hello to all IT's...i'm new of this community Tom's Hardware,i've read of some of your forums that are helpful to all people who are interested in the world of computer technology and to me that is newby of this,,,i just want to ask some of your advice about my PC and especially to my new motherboard ASUS M5A78L-MLX. because i always experiencing everytime i TURN ON my PC it appears in monitor BLACK SCREEN, NO detection on graphics but i only heard WINDOWS Logging ON SCREEN is working...i SHOT it OFF,and in the 4th to 5th or 6th TURNING ON,thats the time my Screen is OK....I dont know what REALLY the problem is within my PC Board or within my graphics card....HOPING for your Advice and suggestions... my Board is 6 months already...video card is 3yrs...we only use its built-in graphics..

MY PC SPECS

Processor: AMD PHENOM II X2 555
POWER SUP: GIGABYTE SUPERB 720W
MEMORY: 2x DDR3 2GB KINGSTON HYPER X KHX1600C9AD3
VIDEO CARD: PALIT DAYTONA GTS250 1GB/256bit/GDDR3 1GB
HARD DRIVE: 1TB SAMSUNG HD103SJ
MONITOR: SAMSUNG SYNCMASTER P2270

Azn Cracker

Distinguished
Try removing the video card and then using the integrated graphics. If it works like that then its most likely the video card. As Das Geek said, make sure its properly seated in there. Check by removing and then replacing it. Finally clean the dust from the computer and reapply thermal paste.

Your processor is pretty weak. So if you need to get a new gpu, its probably not worth it to get anything too good.

I recommend a radeon 7770 or a 7850, depending on how much you are willing to spend. Either card would be an upgrade for your current one.

games29addict

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012

Yes! properly seated the Graphics Card on its slot.

Thanks for the Reply.

games29addict

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012

YES,... if my processor is weak,what would you suggest me for new processor?an INTEL?

THANKS for your reply/suggestions Azn Cracker and also Das_Geek

Yeah an i3 would be a definite improvement, i5 better still. Would you want to overclock? A GTX660 would be an excellent choice for a graphics card if it's in your price range. Remember you'd obviously need a new motherboard for the Intel CPU too.

games29addict

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012

ok sir....THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR ALL OF THE ADVICE....