Best airflow for gaming pc

manosklg

Commendable
Jan 7, 2019
Hello again! I'm will be using a building with the NZXT h500 as a case which has 2 dust filters for the fans, one in the front and one on top. The case comes with 2 fans (one in the back and one in the top). What's the ideal airflow? I'm thinking of buying two extra fans and put them in the front, while I will have 1 fan in the back and one in the top working as exhausts. Is this a good idea? Saw a video in youtube and the guy was saying that its better not to use exhausts so that the graphics card and the CPU will be also "breathing" from the back and the top of the PC to reduce temperature. Is that true?

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Not strange that the gpu temp gord up if adding a single 140mm fan to the top part of the front,you could expect this would push air over the gpu and not under.

Good info anyway,can wonder what would happen if you added a second fan to the top making three fans at the back (2@top+1@back),one other thing he did not test.

manosklg

Commendable
Jan 7, 2019

as i can see from the video tho he didnt do a test with 2 exhausts (rear and top) and 2 fans intake at the front... Would that be the best solution?

You could try it, but I doubt it. That's just not that good of a case for air flow. There isn't much room in the front for intake anyways. I have a feeling two fans will struggle to pull in enough air from the little bit of opening that case has in the front. Let us know what you find if you test it. However test it in your current config, and then after, so you have a baseline.