best answer question

G

I've been answering a lot of questions, and I've gotten a few of my answers chosen as best. My profile still shows only one best answer. Why is this? Is it just me? Does it take time to update? It seems other things like badges and badge trackers update correctly(besides the ones that track best answers). I'm a somewhat new user on this site. I know helping people is supposed to be enough of a reward, but the score keeping and badges kind of make it fun.

Rockcox

Honorable
Feb 3, 2014
let me quote you something I found about forums.

"Why haven't my badges updated?
Badges might take up to a day to update, so you might wait up to 24 hours or more before seeing the results of your recent actions on the forums."

BigBAWZ

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012
I'm having the same problem. I should have 22 best answers instead of 20. I was just about to post a thread asking about it but then i found this one. I also cannot set any of my badges as my status. Must be some bug recently, because it's within the last few days that it's been happening.

G

Strange. I guess I'll wait at least 24 hours for an update. The thing is, the wiki badge updates with no problem. It's just the best answers...

D

Deleted member 217926

Hey there. It seems we may be experiencing a small forum issue with best answers right now. You are not the only one having problems and we will pass the information along to the developers. Thank you for reporting the issue!

G

Yeah. It's been about 24 hours since a few of my best answers. I've been getting more today, but my profile still hasn't been updated since my first best answer. The only thing that seems to track correctly is answers given (not solutions) and how many tags I add for wiki/dictionary badges. :(

BigBAWZ

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012

Same here, now i should have 23 best answers!

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
Hey there folks!

Sometimes the tracker that keeps an eye on Best Answer counts hiccups for a bit and updates aren't in real-time. I'm forwarding this along to a developer to take a gander at, and check to see what might be the root cause of this particular hiccup. No worries though - we've never miscounted a Best Answer that was set, and the system tends to keep good track of these in the mid-term.

-JP

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
After investigating, we've learned that Solutions (aka Best Answers) have not been accurately updated since Wednesday. The devs are busy at work on a fix for this, and as I mentioned, it will be retroactive. So any Best Answers you are supposed to have will absolutely show up once the count is again reflecting accurately. We're hoping to have a fix for this sometime early next week.

Again, user progress is absolutely being preserved and is being recorded - the count is simply temporarily frozen, and the fix is shortly to come. Our apologies for the temporary inconvenience.

-JP

I'm also facing this issue. I've 47 best solutions regardless of tags but on my profile only 23 are being shown. Contacted many Mods and mostly have replied with the same thing that developers are working on it. One advice was to contact community manager! Let's see what happens

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
To let you guys know, the BA count has indeed resumed and should now reflect any best answers you receive going forward. As for the best answers that were earned while the counter was inaccurate, the dev team is working on resynchronizing the system so that credit for these is granted and the number awarded is reflective of those received over the temporary interruption. We're doing what we can to ensure that no progress is ever lost - ensuring that you get accurate representation of your BA's is important to us, because we know it's important to you.

Please bear with us while the team works on the resynchronization and update.

-JP