Question best budget video card for an min itx build?

waholi

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
best budget video card for an min itx build?making an steam box well installing window 10 on an computer for steam an emulator also?

waholi

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
$150
psu 550-
GOLDEN FIELD ARESZE 550W Semi Modular 80 Plus Power Supply Bronze ATX PC PSU with Low Noise Fan for Desktop Computer PC

Motherboard -ASRock J4105-ITX Intel 2.5GHz/DDR4/SATA3&USB3.1/M.2/A&V&GbE/Mini-ITX Motherboard & CPU Combo

water cooler=DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX L120T Blue AIO Liquid Cooler, Blue LED on Waterblock and Fan, Anti-Leak

ram-Corsair Vengeance Performance SODIMM CMSX8GX4M1A2400C16 8GB 2400MHz CL16 DDR4 PC Memory

Storage 480 ssd
Case-
Cooler Master Elite 110 Mini-ITX Computer Case (RC-110-KKN2)

Last edited:

Wolfshadw

Titan
There's a reason we ask for details of system components.

In your case, you have an issue with your motherboard. It lacks a PCI-Ex16 expansion slot. It only has one PCi-Ex1 expansion slot. Therefore, you cannot install a discrete graphics card that will improve your Steam Box idea.

-Wolf sends

waholi

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
There's a reason we ask for details of system components.

In your case, you have an issue with your motherboard. It lacks a PCI-Ex16 expansion slot. It only has one PCi-Ex1 expansion slot. Therefore, you cannot install a discrete graphics card that will improve your Steam Box idea.

-Wolf sends
all I want it to beable to do is play smite and older video games I need it tobeable to handle the stream from steam

waholi

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
The motherboard has a weak J4105 celeron processor with an included fanless heat sink.
Why in the world would you need a aio liquid cooler?
The motherboard has a weak J4105 celeron processor with an included fanless heat sink.
Why in the world would you need a aio liquid cooler?
is this better because it's an mini itx no over heating
I do have an i5 and 8 gigs of ram all i need if i switch up is an moba to match my I5 processor 2400ghz

is this better because it's an mini itx no over heating
I do have an i5 and 8 gigs of ram all i need if i switch up is an moba to match my I5 processor 2400ghz

A Celeron CPU and a low end video card will not be overheating in that case at all. If you want to use your i5 that may be a better idea but what motherboard you get depends on what i5 you have, there are 10 generations of them now.