Best Display For Multiple Monitor Setup

cdrkeen

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
I don't believe the asus is an IPS display couldn't find any info on the page to what kind of panel it is... The acer will have superior image quality being an IPS display if the asus is a tn panel, with maybe a bit slower response time. Past 5ms is just marketing though, It's not noticeable below 6ms grey to grey. The best buy link is broken fyi

Zacharifffic

Honorable
Mar 30, 2013

No, the Asus isn't IPS, I know that. Here's the LG http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824005406&Tpk=23ea63v&IsVirtualParent=1

cdrkeen

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
Omy, the LG without a doubt, the thin bezel makes it no question the best for eyefinity and it has a good enough response time as well as being an IPS display. GET THE LG! :)

cdrkeen

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
Hmmm one thing definitely worth mentioning... unfortunately none of the monitors have a display port connection. You need at least one displayport connection to connect the third monitor, someone correct me if I'm wrong. I had an eyefinity setup before and I was pulling my hair out trying to get it to work. You would need an active displayport adapter....They are expensive and are cheaply made. Unless they are producing new ones for cheap that I am unaware of. I had to get a replacement as it would intermittently give black screens in middle of play and the replacement was still buggy. It is highly recommended to have a displayport connection directly on monitor for eyefinity, unless this has changed.

NVIDIA's version of eyefinity, you only need 3 dvi connections... WHY ATI!? WHY!

edit: apparently this has changed since I had my setup. It can be had for $25? not sure about the quality. Can someone with a current eyefinity setup chime in?

Here is one on newegg. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814999030

Zacharifffic

Honorable
Mar 30, 2013

A 7970 has at least 3 outputs, so couldn't you just use the two DVI and single HDMI to connect to the monitors?

cdrkeen

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
I don't believe that's how it works. I had 3 connectors for my eyefinity setup but you had to use a display-port connection to get the third monitor to work. Unless the rules have changed. I had eyefinity with the ati 4000 series. Had so many issues I swore to never do it again. But things might be better now. Any way you slice it I'm pretty sure you still need a direct connection with at least 1 of the 3 monitors with a display port connection. Whether the Monitor has an input or if you use an active display port adapter.