[SOLVED] Best fan configuration with aio for lian li II mesh

Jun 1, 2020
So im thinking to build an rtx 3070, ryzen 7 3700x in a lian li II mesh
I want the pc to be as silent as possible, and in term of looks all black and stealthy.
Cpu cooler is arctic 280mm, and I will replace the stock fans on the case for arctic p12 or p14, but i dont know what is the best fan configuration

As i will have an aio cooler, what is the best configuration to be as silent as possible, and cool the gpu nicely, i dont want to buy 10 fans,only where it really is necessary.

the pc will be used for productivity at 4k, and gaming at 1080p, or higher still havent decided

Solution
I want the pc to be as silent as possible, and in term of looks all black and stealthy.
Cpu cooler is arctic 280mm, and I will replace the stock fans on the case for arctic p12 or p14, but i dont know what is the best fan configuration

As i will have an aio cooler, what is the best configuration to be as silent as possible, and cool the gpu nicely, i dont want to buy 10 fans,only where it really is necessary.

the pc will be used for productivity at 4k, and gaming at 1080p, or higher still havent decided
case is really great use arctic p12 is more effective then p14 and more silent, u can see test on yt...u can buy fanhub arctic for all case fans...
Sep 4, 2020
You may or may not be able to top mount a 280mm rad on the Lancool 2 Mesh.

Formally, the top is only rated for 240mm. I'm able to put my 280 there (H110i), but it's with literally a millimetre of clearance on the RAM. Whether it works or not it going to depend on the cooler and the specific layout of your VRM heatsinks, motherboard, and RAM dimensions. Probably impossible to predict, except by trial and error. I wasn't expecting it fit and was pleasantly surprised.

280mm will definitely fit in the front. And you might get lucky on the top. If it does fit in the top, though, it blocks access to a number of headers, so those will need to be connected first.

Sep 29, 2020
BuffaloTech what motherboard do you have and do you have a picture of your case with the rad in it. I like this case and have a 280 liquid freezer.

dimtodim

Reputable

case is really great use arctic p12 is more effective then p14 and more silent, u can see test on yt...u can buy fanhub arctic for all case fans...
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF93tCGDpK0&t=395s

Solution
Sep 4, 2020
BuffaloTech what motherboard do you have and do you have a picture of your case with the rad in it. I like this case and have a 280 liquid freezer.

Sure thing.

Motherboard is ASUS Z170 Premium.
RAM is G.Skill 16GB DDR4 F4-3400C16D-16GTZ.

Photos at the following links:

Photo 1
Photo 2

It's a good case. Easy to work in and excellent thermals. The 280 rad needs to be as far forward as possible to clear the White VRM heatsink in the upper left, and as you can see it is literally on top of (but not pressing on) the RAM sticks. RAM with any wider heatspreaders wouldn't work. I'm resigned that whenever I eventually upgrade the motherboard, there's a good chance that I may need to front mount it or switch to a 240mm cooler.

WreckItRohan

Prominent
Jan 12, 2021
Easy to work in and excellent thermals
hello there
i am planning on changing my build from the corsair 465x (as it has bad airflow) to either the core p3 or the lancool 2 mesh performance. i have a 3070 ftw3 ultra which produces a LOT of heat and a i7 9700k paired with the h100x 240mm rad. when looking at bitwit's video for radiator placement i learnt that top mounted as exhaust has 10 degree higher temps than front intake as it was using hot gpu air to 'cool' the rad. my dilemma is as follows:
if i put the rad at the front as intake the airflow will be dramatically reduced because sp fans have lower airflow and the rad blocks it as well. if i put it at the top, my issue is that it will be taking the hot air from the gpu and making my cpu hotter. do you think this is the case as if it really were that bad why are so many people top mounting it. what cpu do you have and what temps do u have as top mounted instead of front.

sorry that this is really long winded, but i also had another theory. wouldnt everything be better if i reversed the airflow?

photo link for the diagram
View: https://imgur.com/4iTw3Xg

i feel like this is the best option as the cpu with get fresh air from outside and then it will be pushed out and the gpu withh get air from the bottom, then it will be pulled out

Also - are the fans on top of the psu shroud any good? - do they actually give the gpu enough air?

TRENDING THREADS