Question Best fan configuration?

Tennis987

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2015
So I have an Arctic liquid freezer ll 280 CPU cooler that I put on my front panel with the included AIO fans intaking air from the inside of the case. I do not have any intake fans behind my case filter. I still have some old Corsair fans I took off my front panel before when I had my old 212 Evo. I don't remember why I took them off. My temperatures are fine. I understand my AIO is in a bad position, but I cannot mount it on top, it's too thick and it touches the motherboard. I also cannot flip it around 180 degrees because its too short. It serves its purpose until I get another case. My CPU never goes above 60C and my GPU(3080) is undervolted to .900 V at 1965Mhz, I have not experimented much with the undervolt but so far no crashes and GPU never goes above 74C. Heat is not an issue. My question is, should I put AF or SP fans as the second set of intake in front of my AIO? It might only change the temperatures by 2-3C but it's also bothering me a bit that the only intakes are AIO fans. Does it matter?

PC pics for reference.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
The current fan config is about as good as it's going to get. Adding another set of fans in front of the hybrid cooler shouldn't do anything except make more noise.
Is that a Define R5? Looks like an R5.

Whether you get a new chassis, or the hybrid cooler dies on you due to a lack of lubrication... which will happen first..?

Tennis987

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2015
The current fan config is about as good as it's going to get. Adding another set of fans in front of the hybrid cooler shouldn't do anything except make more noise.
Is that a Define R5? Looks like an R5.

Whether you get a new chassis, or the hybrid cooler dies on you due to a lack of lubrication... which will happen first..?
It is the R5. Thinking of what my next case will be. If I will go with Mid or Full tower. My R5 does not fit this AIO and barely fits my 3080 with the drive bays taken out. Plus a PSU shroud would be something I want.