iandcn

Honorable
Jun 16, 2015
Hi!
I am now in the market for buying a graphics card and surely will be able to afford an 8gb RX 5500 XT. However, I can stretch my budget up to getting a 1660 SUPER if I really need it.

Not much of a competitive gamer but rather more into MMORPG. I'm planning to play Black Desert Online and maybe try Lost Ark on Russian servers.

My current specs:

i3 8100
4x2 ddr4 2666
B360 Aorus Gaming
120gb SSD
1tb HDD
*currently no GPU (sad life) - used to have RX 580 4gb but I sold it for some important reasons

Please let me know your thoughts about pushing for the 1660 SUPER. Every dollar I could save will be valuable but at the same time, I want to UP my gaming experience.

I am asking from this community because most of the benchmarks I see online are competitive games and I know its kind of a different case for MMORPG.

Thanks guys!

Solution
I mean any MMORPG currently available on the market will run at 60hz with a 1650S so that should be good enough if your only premise is this specific genre.
CPU is good enough to handle a 1650S, wouldn't recommend going for a 1660S without a CPU upgrade, maybe if you had i3 9th gen instead of 8th It would be perfectly fine but 3.6 GHz max boost is a bit low and you'll be missing out on a good amount of fps if you get a 1660S, not exactly a bottleneck in most games but definitely not a pair I can recommend.
I'd say 1650S is a great deal and you should go for it. It's as good as or better than the RX580 in most games.
I mean any MMORPG currently available on the market will run at 60hz with a 1650S so that should be good enough if your only premise is this specific genre.
CPU is good enough to handle a 1650S, wouldn't recommend going for a 1660S without a CPU upgrade, maybe if you had i3 9th gen instead of 8th It would be perfectly fine but 3.6 GHz max boost is a bit low and you'll be missing out on a good amount of fps if you get a 1660S, not exactly a bottleneck in most games but definitely not a pair I can recommend.
I'd say 1650S is a great deal and you should go for it. It's as good as or better than the RX580 in most games.

Solution