Best Gaming Desk under $150

Solution
That depends. How much is your budget AND more importantly, what exactly needs to fit on there. I assume keyboard and mouse, but how many monitors, since this is a gaming rig? What else needs to be able to fit on there? I think USAFRet might be able to make some appropriate recommendations since we've now established the fact that what you actually need is a height adjustable computer desk, and we just need to know what that needs to be able to accomodate?

Also, does it need to not only be height adjustable, but adjustable for use as a standing desk as well, or just height adjustable for sitting? Really all you need to do is go to Amazon, search for height adjustable computer desks and then find one that looks good to you and doesn't...

valeman2012

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2012
Yes, I'm familiar with the term.
Generally, it is a "desk", whereby they can add $$ to the retail price by adding the word 'gaming' to it.

It is a desk. A flat surface, suitable to hold stuff.
........so no suggestions? It mainly for gaming so i need a desk...i dont need some cup holder or keyboard holder on under middle of my desk....it can be mechanically adjustable or non adjustable i mean its pretty clear otherwise just close this thread..i look some where else for a answer.

The only thing that makes a desk, a gaming desk, is the very dubious addition of things like lighting (Not necessary to game), height adjustment (Not necessary to game, and there are plenty of height adjustable desks that are not "gaming" desks) or models that are designed to actually build the system right into the desk, which again, is useful to many other people who don't game at all such as architects or graphic artists among other things. So every "gaming" desk you've ever seen, as you were told earlier, is JUST a DESK. That's it. It's a desk that they put the word "gaming" in front of so they can charge you more for it or so clueless people can find it when they search for gaming desks, even though you can't actually use a desk to play games but you can game using ANY desk.

If there are specific features you WANT, since you are rather tall, such as height adjustment, then the proper thing to do, whether it's here or on any other forum, would be to ask for recommendations on a good height adjustable computer desk. Any height adjustable computer desk can be used for gaming, and you'll probably pay less for it due to the fact that it simply is not marketed as a "gaming desk". In fact, you'll probably find the exact same model somewhere that is either lit up with RGB lighting or painted differently, to make it a "gaming desk". It's just a word. It doesn't offer you anything that any other desk could not also offer you.

That depends. How much is your budget AND more importantly, what exactly needs to fit on there. I assume keyboard and mouse, but how many monitors, since this is a gaming rig? What else needs to be able to fit on there? I think USAFRet might be able to make some appropriate recommendations since we've now established the fact that what you actually need is a height adjustable computer desk, and we just need to know what that needs to be able to accomodate?

Also, does it need to not only be height adjustable, but adjustable for use as a standing desk as well, or just height adjustable for sitting? Really all you need to do is go to Amazon, search for height adjustable computer desks and then find one that looks good to you and doesn't have too many of the same bad comments against it. And then probably it would be a good idea to do a Google search for professional reviews of any models that look to you like they might be acceptable. I mean, it can't actually be that hard to pick out a desk that you like, that can be adjusted, can it?

Solution