Best Gaming Mouse under $30

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashborne

Honorable
Mar 20, 2014
Hi,

I am looking for a gaming mouse under $30. Can you please suggest me which product will be the best buy for me.

Solution
I totally agree with that, should have mentioned :p .

But I am also assuming that the OP is not super serious about gaming either as he doesn't mention any required DPI, macro buttons, certain backlit colours etc, so figured it was more casual gaming.

The m500 is the better option compared to the m510.

jaraldo

Honorable
hey,

Your budget of $30 won't really get you a quality mouse, so I will list the best options I can based on quality.

you may find this one odd, but I actually have it and would recommend it for your price range.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Microsoft-D65-00010-Intellimouse-5-Button-PS2-Scroll-BALL-Mouse-Brand-NEW-/310857838618

I guarantee you won't have any troubles with this mouse, they are made to last. It's a similar size to a naga just not curved on the sides.

If that other one is too old looking for you, then I would recommend this one
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104382

At the $30 range, many of the mice in this list probably won't last 1 year. I've bought $15 mice that have died in a week after purchase.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007653%20600009586&IsNodeId=1&name=Wired&PriceMin=0&PriceMax=40

Do your research I guess :p

Since you mention gaming, you probably don't want wireless, although that will depend on how "twitchy" your games are. For MMOs, RPGs, RTS, and Casual, wireless may be fine. For FPS, most people would say "No," and a few might howl.

jaraldo

Honorable
I totally agree with that, should have mentioned :p .

But I am also assuming that the OP is not super serious about gaming either as he doesn't mention any required DPI, macro buttons, certain backlit colours etc, so figured it was more casual gaming.

The m500 is the better option compared to the m510.

Solution

ashborne

Honorable
Mar 20, 2014
Thanks jaraldo. But I am looking for a wired mouse and of course optical or laser. I need a mouse which is good for gaming and has a good response. Preferred DPI not less than 1600. Will use it for for both RTS and FPS, Back-lit will be an added bonus.

This thread was over a year old, so I'm going to close it, but will answer your question.
The M500 is a wired mouse, and the M510 is wireless. Many gamers will tell you that wireless mice can introduce some latency into clicking and moving, which gamers (especially competitive ones) tend to hate with a passion. They may also be subject to interference. Although I think good wireless mice are a lot better for games than they used to be, 1) I'm not a very twitchy gamer myself, so my opinion may be of little value, and 2) a budget wireless mouse probably won't qualify as a "good" one by that definition.
If you have more questions about mice, please open a new thread. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.