Aug 7, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you please mention the make and model of your PSU and it's age? What sort of games/tasks will you tax the GPU purchase with?
Right now, I have the PNY Nvidia Geforce GT 1030 2GB. I got it around 3 months ago. I want to play a lot of VR, Valorant, Control, and Roblox for my little sister.

Alternately, an RTX 2060 could be had for a decent amount less than a 6600 XT, leaving plenty of room in the budget for picking up a higher quality PSU, if one is deemed necessary...

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/video-card/#c=436,514,446&sort=price

The 2060 typically performs around 25% behind a 6600 XT (outside of games with RT effects enabled, where they both tend to perform similar), but either card would be a massive upgrade over a 1030, offering multiple times the performance.

Could it run VR? Especially Oculus Link. My little sister wants to play Roblox on her Oculus Quest 2 So I just want to make sure.
I would say it's powerful enough for most VR games, however Nvidia might be the safer choice for VR as they seem to have fewer compatibility and performance issues. I don't use VR though so someone else would be better able to advise you.

Aug 7, 2022