Best GPU for asrock n68 s3 ucc + amd 960T?

Solution
The board will work with any gfx card. But to keep the Phenom II X4 960T from being a bottleneck, you may want to avoid any cards faster than the R9-270/270X or possibly GTX 960. There may be a bit of bottleneck with the latter. What is your 1) budget ans 2) the make/model of your PSU?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
The board will work with any gfx card. But to keep the Phenom II X4 960T from being a bottleneck, you may want to avoid any cards faster than the R9-270/270X or possibly GTX 960. There may be a bit of bottleneck with the latter. What is your 1) budget ans 2) the make/model of your PSU?

Solution

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

You might need to yes, post back with watts + make and model of the power supply.

What he means is your cpu limits the gpus you can get, so as to make a good pairing of performance.

A stock 960t should have no issues with a 270x, BUT we need to know what power supply you have because it also determines what gpu's you can run.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

While not the best quality, the CM C700 has the necessary +12v specs for the cards I mentioned above.
(55A/660W)
You could even go with faster cards, but you would not see much improvement in performance due to the CPU. And upgrading the CPU in an old board like that will not gain much, nor will it be cheap because all the faster CPUs it accepts are obsolete and demand a premium price.

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

You already have the best gaming cpu for your motherboard.

Your power supply is adequate.

A 270x would be good, max gtx 960.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

CPU OC? I doubt it. The Phenom II X4 960t has a locked multiplier. So, OC'ing via the base clock will be all you can do. Maybe a few hundred MHz at best. Not enough to push you into a faster card. And since that motherboard is not designed for OC'ing, you probably couldn't even get that before you smoked the board.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
There you go, DarkstyleR... ↑
Grab the R9-270X and enjoy better gaming. Even If you can't get the OC that boloking was able to get, you'll still have one of the best cards for your system.

I have a Phenom II X4 965BE @ 4.0 GHz in another machine. It is able to pretty well keep up with a R9-280 and GTX 960 FTW w/o noticeable bottleneck. Just mentioning that for comparison.