Best Graphics Cards For The Money: January 2010

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flyinfinni

Distinguished
May 29, 2009
Well, I guess it comes down to finding a GT 220 for ~$40 and wondering if it was worth it. I know its not as good as a 4670, and I read the reviews but couldn't remember exactly where it fit in the list.

fragdude

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2010
it is a nice article, also for the last 3years the $90.00 range for me is good quality and faster frame rates than before on the games that I do play
I have been playin pc games for 10+ years,all I can say is that they make games on the pc downgrade them to the console version,and then AFTER THAT WE THE PC GAMERS GET THE PORTED CONSOLE VERSION EVEN THOUGH OR PC RIG IS MUCH MORE POWERFULL THAN THE CONSOLE SO ALL OF THIS DIRECT X IS A WASTE OF MONEY! IF GAME SOFTWARE COMPANY WOULD PORT ALL GAMES TO ALL PLATFORMS,ALSO MAKE THE PC GAME VERSION BETTER THAN THE CONSOLE VERSION THAN I THINK THAT ATI AND NVIDIA WOULD MAKE MORE $ THAN EVER. I PERSONALLY STOP BUYING THE TOP VIDEO CARD CAUSE ITS JUST A WASTE OF MONEY, HALF OF THE GAME TITLES I WOULD LOVE TO PLAY ARE NOT ON THE PC. (THE PC STARTED THE VIDEO GAME SPECIALLY ALL THE BETTER GRAPHICS HORSEPOWER AND THE GAME DEVELOPERS LEFT US IN THE DUST AND THAT JUST MAKES ME MAD AS A PC GAMER}!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

I don't think the Radeon Xpress 1100 and 1150 are on par with the Geforce fx5200. In fact.. the fx5200 is just waay slower. I have 2 pcs.. One with a Geforce 6600 and another with an onboard xpress 1150, windows 7 on both. The xpress is faster on most games but the ones too heavy on shaders :\.

zzzxtreme

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
why isn't 4770 in the list? i'm interested in a card to play current games, and add another in a year's time for it to last 2 or 3 years.

G

I am considering buying 2 5750's to use in CF mode with the amd 965 BE and 4gb of 1600ram, I am trying to keep my vid card expense down near the 200 - 250 range and am having no luck with getting a pair of ATI cards with 1gb of ram what would be the better purchase cleeve? 2 5750 @ 512ram each or 1 5800 series @1gb ram?

G

Nice article, I just wanted to point out one thing:
GeForce 9600 GSO based on G92-150 chip is way faster than G94-210B1 version, I would personally never recommend second of this card.
Please correct your recommendation at 69,99 price point.

G

sli/cf only make sence if there is a big time difference between byin the 1st and 2nd card. for roughly the same money i always prefer the single card solution. i got my 285-OCX on sale for 310$ is able to keep up with a 5870 and i have physx in more games than dx11 and when i upgrade to fermi also the faster dx11 card, so i will wait on that ;-)

G

ohh bullcrap!!! NVIDIA leaves RADEON in the dust after nvidia GeForce GTX 295 came out. after that, there is anothing better. after you get it you can run games that are 10x stronger then CRYSIS...

G

DO NOT BUY THE ATI 5450 IF YOU ARE A GAMER. This card chokes on even the older games. Landscape rendering is choppy, movement is in chunks, grouping is next to impossible, and forget raids altogether. Even when I set all video settings to minimum, it still lags. And no, it's not my connection; my other pc with an old 8800 works raids and groups good. I am thoroughly disappointed in this 5450 card and the faked or sponsored positive reviews. I can't speak to the card's ability with regard to other things, but as far as gaming don't bother. Also guys, could somebody help me out and suggest a site that offers real reviews instead of planted ones like on amazon and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.