Dec 26, 2023
Hi guys, I am planning to buy a new processor along with a new motherboard, and I was wondering what kind of processor will I need to play CS2 and D2 .
What processor would have the best IGPU for gaming most games in 1080 or 720 resolution.
I don't plan on buying a Gcard for the time being.
Suggest me a good processor with the best IGPU for gaming along with a good motherboard if possible an ITX would be great.
Ans suggest me the RAMs too.
Thanks in advance :)

Lutfij

Titan
You could just wait until the 8000 series Ryzen APU's from AMD come about, that way you can build a low cost system with an A620 chipsetted itx board.

Suggest me a good processor with the best IGPU for gaming along with a good motherboard if possible an ITX would be great.

You're going into a build now. You should add information asked of in this thread;
and we can move forward with suggestions.

The term budget is relative to the thickness of your wallet. What sort of an amount have you set aside for your build?

Do you have a budget?
Because you are deferring on the graphics, I would assume that budget is a concern.

ITX motherboards will usually be more expensive than ATX.

What other parts do you need to buy?

Starting with integrated graphics is a good idea.
It lets you better gauge what you need for the games you play.
But, no matter how good, integrated will only get you so far, generally, it is not a long term solution for gaming.
Also, stronger graphics will need a decent power supply that should be bought up front.
Do not go cheap or weak on the psu. Look for a 7 year warranty.

Reactions: Pba_1
Dec 26, 2023
Do you have a budget?
Because you are deferring on the graphics, I would assume that budget is a concern.

ITX motherboards will usually be more expensive than ATX.

What other parts do you need to buy?

Starting with integrated graphics is a good idea.
It lets you better gauge what you need for the games you play.
But, no matter how good, integrated will only get you so far, generally, it is not a long term solution for gaming.
Also, stronger graphics will need a decent power supply that should be bought up front.
Do not go cheap or weak on the psu. Look for a 7 year warranty.
I cant really predict the amount of cash I will be having but yes im leaning more into mid tier build without a graphics card .
Im currently using my old core i5 6600k with 16gigs 2666mhz with a 1050TI, 2 x 240gb SSD 1x500gb HDD and EVGA supernova 1000watt.

Dec 26, 2023
You could just wait until the 8000 series Ryzen APU's from AMD come about, that way you can build a low cost system with an A620 chipsetted itx board.

You're going into a build now. You should add information asked of in this thread;
and we can move forward with suggestions.

The term budget is relative to the thickness of your wallet. What sort of an amount have you set aside for your build?
yes waiting for the 8000 series seems like a good option in my opinion too, but when they release those 8000 series will the 7000 series drop it its price significantly ?
My Budget is around 350usd in total for processor + board + RAM

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I cant really predict the amount of cash I will be having but yes im leaning more into mid tier build without a graphics card .
Im currently using my old core i5 6600k with 16gigs 2666mhz with a 1050TI, 2 x 240gb SSD 1x500gb HDD and EVGA supernova 1000watt.

Not a bad core system. Why not just add a faster GPU?

RX6600 would set you back $210 and get you a little more than GTX1080 like performance.

You can pick up an i7-7700 for $90 on ebay (buy it now), less if you bid on a low one and manage to get it. i7-7700K command a little more but that would also be a decent upgrade from more recent games, 8 threads instead of 4.

Though an i3-12100 and a new DDR4 motherboard would also only set you back about $200 and you could keep using the 1050Ti for a while.

Reactions: Order 66
Some games are cpu limited like mmo, sims, and strategy.
Some fast action games like faster graphics cards.
Try this simple test:

Run YOUR games, but lower your resolution and eye candy.
This makes the graphics card loaf a bit.
If your FPS increases, it indicates that your cpu is strong enough to drive a better graphics configuration.
If your FPS stays the same, you are likely more cpu limited.
On graphics, your GTX1050ti is an oldie, but goodie.
It is stronger than any current integrated graphics.
I would initially carry that forward.
You were wise to initially buy a strong high quality psu.
It will allow you to use any graphics card made today.

From what I read, the 8000 series amd processors are essentially 7000 series processors with superior graphics.
It does not imply that 8000 series is otherwise any stronger than current offerings.
It will also require ddr5 ram.

On a budget, you can reuse your ddr4 ram if you buy a DDR4 capable motherboard .
About $110 for example:
https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16813162141?Item=N82E16813162141
DDR4 and DDR5 performance is comparable, and ram speed means little for intel.(excepting integrated graphics)
It used to be that 16gb ram was great.
It still is unless you also are running other apps while gaming.
A basic 2 x 16gb kit of DDR4 may be as low as $50.

A I3-12100 would be about $120:
https://www.newegg.com/intel-core-i3-12100-core-i3-12th-gen/p/N82E16819118370?Item=N82E16819118370

Your I5-6600K has 4 threads and a passmark rating of 6284. The single thread rating is 2331.
The single thread performance is what most games depend on most.
The i3-12100 has 8 threads and a rating of 1450/3550.
You can go up from there.
Run the cpu-Z bench on your 6600K. The single thread rating should be about 518:
https://valid.x86.fr/bench/3nje1c
Yours may be lower because many submissions are from highly overclocked processors.
A step up might be the I5-13500 for $220:
https://www.newegg.com/intel-core-i5-13500-core-i5-13th-gen/p/N82E16819118429?Item=9SIAET8K7F8330
20 threads and a 32474/3957 rating.