Question Best of these three 4070 Super cards ?

rjdthree

Honorable
Aug 16, 2018
Hello, I'm purchasing a full build later today online but now am 2nd guessing what GPU to go with, I understand they are virtually all the same.
I was going to go with Zotac Twin Edge Regular 4070 super at first but realized for only 10 more dollars I could have an additional +75 MHz base speed
Are any of them better then others at cooling, which is my main concern. Or or any of them more quiet and longlisting?
Will +75 MHz even make a difference besides an FPS or two??
Need some expert input. Thanks

THE CARDS:

Zotac GAMING Twin Edge OC GeForce RTX 4070 SUPER 12 GB Video Card​

PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 SUPER 12 GB Video Card​

Asus DUAL EVO OC GeForce RTX 4070 SUPER 12 GB Video Card​

Proposed Build:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.2 GHz 8-Core Processor ($339.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler ($35.90 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock B650 LiveMixer ATX AM5 Motherboard ($149.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: TEAMGROUP T-Create Expert 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory ($94.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Crucial MX500 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (Purchased For $0.00)
Video Card: Zotac GAMING Twin Edge GeForce RTX 4070 SUPER 12 GB Video Card ($579.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB ATX Mid Tower Case (Purchased For $0.00)
Power Supply: be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($99.90 @ Amazon)

Last edited:

rjdthree

Honorable
Aug 16, 2018
There are couple of things you can look for in your card purchase;
1| Aesthetically drive your purchase
2| Look for the card with the highest clocks at the cheapest price

They are all dual fan in design.
I do not care about number one, is one brand objectively more reliable than another in this aspect? Or should clock speed be the target

Hey there,

As @Lutfij was suggesting, there is very little by way of meaningful diiference in performance between all 3 cards.

Choose the one that's cheapest one with highest boost clocks. Even the clocks don't matter that much. You can overclock one with lessor clockspeed to same speed as one with higher clocks.

Much of a muchness really.

Your new system will kick ass at 1080p/1440p. Nice set up.

Reactions: rjdthree

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Best cooler really. If that can be determined by looking. The default clocks are going to basically be ignored by the boost algorithm anyway.

I can see the fat heat pipes on the ASUS, but they aren't that many. Limited blow through section.

PNY has a quite large blow through area which looks good for airflow. But can't really see details about any heat pipes.

Zotac looks the most restricted, I think.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I don't think you can completely tell just by looking, though there are exceptions.
THE CARDS:

Zotac GAMING Twin Edge OC GeForce RTX 4070 SUPER 12 GB Video Card​

PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 SUPER 12 GB Video Card​

Asus DUAL EVO OC GeForce RTX 4070 SUPER 12 GB Video Card​

Number of fan blades, blade curvature, your personal fan curves, direction the finstack is pointing, total board power limit... every little thing adds up.

That said, and right out the gate, I can tell the Asus card is the 'worst' of the 3 here.
The finstacks that run front to back exhaust about half towards the front, and half towards the rear, the former of which conflicts with front intake case fans. This design doesn't work that well in traditional cases; I figure it needs a case that has ventilation at the side, instead of the front, and it would do better.

Between the PNY and Zotac, the latter definitely does look more restrictive.
The PNY one gets my vote.

Reactions: rjdthree