Question Best processor for a fm2 socket?

Mar 12, 2019
I know fm2 sockets are way out of date and I should really update my motherboard but I do not have the money to buy both atm and really just wanting an upgraded processor from the one I have. I would like to know the best fm2 socket processor for gaming.
Currently I have
Processor: AMD a10-5700 apu with radeon hd graphics at 3.40 ghz
8 gb of ram
Motherboard: msi 2ae0
Also have a gtx 1050 graphics card

Last edited:
I'd not put any money into an almost imperceptibly faster GPU for the old socket...

None of the pre-Ryzens are really going to give 'good' gaming performance and those with integrated Radeon graphics are really only adequate for 1366x768/medium quality and below, unless playing older games...

This summer (July), AMD is likely to release it's X570 boards and R3-5-7-9-3x00 series of desktop CPUs...

Save your money until then if possible...(get a GTX1660 to go with it, or, an RTX2060 if fiscally ambitious)

Mar 12, 2019
I'd not put any money into an almost imperceptibly faster GPU for the old socket...

None of the pre-Ryzens are really going to give 'good' gaming performance and those with integrated Radeon graphics are really only adequate for 1366x768/medium quality and below, unless playing older games...

This summer (July), AMD is likely to release it's X570 boards and R3-5-7-9-3x00 series of desktop CPUs...

Save your money until then if possible...(get a GTX1660 to go with it, or, an RTX2060 if fiscally ambitious)
Is there anything I could get just for the mean time that’s better just until I have enough? What about a amd athlon X4 860k?