[SOLVED] Best RAM Kits (64 GB or 128 GB) for Ryzen 9 5950x / Aorus X570 Xtreme Rev 1.0?

SekethThoth

Reputable
Mar 31, 2017
I'm looking to buy soon a Ryzen 9 5950X and a memory kit as well, I already acquired the motherboard, but I'm a bit confused on a particular set of memories in the QVL. This model/kit (HX436C17PB3K4/64) appears in the QVL list and there are 4 memories but in the QVL it only marks 2 slots compatibility on the model row. I'm not sure if that's normal reading and the kit is good or if only 2 sticks max of this model will be accepted. If there is a larger 128 GB kit that is also compatible I'd also consider it.

What other suggestions for 64 GB and 128 GB RAM Kits would fit well with the motherboard?
If you are wondering it's use is mostly for virtualized and containerized workloads.

Thank you for your help.

Solution
In reality any ram kit will work out of the box, so long as you're buying DDR4 rams and that you're populating them in the right orientation on the board. The purpose of a QVL is to state that the rams were tested in their lab. If the motherboard makers had to test every ram out there, the board wouldn't see the light of day(release).

You should look for DDR4-3600MHz with tight timings at the very least.

Lutfij

Titan
In reality any ram kit will work out of the box, so long as you're buying DDR4 rams and that you're populating them in the right orientation on the board. The purpose of a QVL is to state that the rams were tested in their lab. If the motherboard makers had to test every ram out there, the board wouldn't see the light of day(release).

You should look for DDR4-3600MHz with tight timings at the very least.

Solution