Question Best single board for stereo camera + audio processing?

Jun 9, 2019
I am trying to figure out what is the best single board for building an IR stereo camera and to perform audio processing. For audio output, I plan to use an audio expansion or the HDMI output or an external sound card. I also value the expandability of the board.

After an entire afternoon of researches, I am thinking about Pine H64, RockPro64, Nano Pi M 4 and Atomic Pi, but I am worried about the compatibility of future expansions/elements. Which SBC do you suggest for having the highest compatibility?

Thanks,
federico

"Best" is very subjective criteria… What is "best' for this project may not be the "best" for another one. For your projects, software tools will be leading factor, with hardware at a second line.

In order for you to decide "the best", you have to start with a prototype, build your project, and see what are weak points - CPU performance, I/O performance, expandability. Then, is this a one-off project, or there will be several of them. What board you'll chose will depend on these factors.

Going with popular board (RPi) is probably the best choice. Pine is dead (for me), I don't know about the others.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
I am trying to figure out what is the best single board for building an IR stereo camera and to perform audio processing. For audio output, I plan to use an audio expansion or the HDMI output or an external sound card. I also value the expandability of the board.

After an entire afternoon of researches, I am thinking about Pine H64, RockPro64, Nano Pi M 4 and Atomic Pi, but I am worried about the compatibility of future expansions/elements. Which SBC do you suggest for having the highest compatibility?
The most powerful GPU and native support for cameras would be found in Nvidia's Jetson series.

Depending on how your cameras are going to be connected (is USB an option?) and if the Jetsons are a bit rich for your budget, this might be worth considering:

Software support should be excellent. Definitely check their forums before taking the plunge, but I'd imagine you can just run any 64-bit Linux distro (or maybe even Windows 10) on it.

TRENDING THREADS