Question Best vga for this motherboard

Mar 2, 2019
I have a i3-550 processor .And a dell 0c2kjt motherboard .I want to know a vga compatible with this motherboard .Plz help me here.

Zephyl

Commendable
Mar 13, 2017
What do you need it to be able to do? Do you just need something to connect to a display, or do you need something for video editing or gaming?

For the former, I recommend a used GT 710, GT 730, or GT 1030, though there are other options. I only recommend a used unit because on Amazon and other retailers, the prices of these cards is way above what it should be.

If you need something to game with, there are many options to choose from, and I would need more information such as a particular game you'd like to run or a budget you have to stay within.

maziech

Respectable
Feb 18, 2019
You have i3-550 CPU. No gaming cards for this.
I mean they are, but it makes no sense, cpu is way outdated and You won't be able to play modern games. Best You can get for that is GTX 1050 or GTX1050ti, but that might be too much for the CPU. (You won't be able to fully utilize it's power).
This should work somehow, but i wouldn't recommend that.

For office work / internet / youtube and stuff - anything will be enough. You can buy some used card for 10-15$ and it will run fine.

If You want to run some modern games, here are some upgrade options:
Low budget: upgrade to ryzen 2400g (it has integrated graphics, which won't perform well), b450 mobo and 8 gig of ram.
Standard budget: upgrade to ryzen 2600, b450 mobo, 16 gigs of ram, RX570 or RX580 GPU.

InvalidError

Titan
For ~$120, you can get a 4GB RX570 which is going to be much faster than a GTX1050 so it makes little sense to get anything less than that as long as your PSU is a 430+W unit of decent quality.

Getting the "best match" for your CPU makes no sense when much faster options are available for cheaper. You may not be able to make use of most of the GPU but it'll still be there for those times when you do need it unlike a slower GPU where that spare oomph doesn't exist.

maziech

Respectable
Feb 18, 2019
For ~$120, you can get a 4GB RX570 which is going to be much faster than a GTX1050 so it makes little sense to get anything less than that as long as your PSU is a 430+W unit of decent quality.
Prices are random, depending on the country, but as You posted, RX470/570 needs more power. That dell's PSU probably won't be able to hande this.

Mar 2, 2019
What do you need it to be able to do? Do you just need something to connect to a display, or do you need something for video editing or gaming?

For the former, I recommend a used GT 710, GT 730, or GT 1030, though there are other options. I only recommend a used unit because on Amazon and other retailers, the prices of these cards is way above what it should be.

If you need something to game with, there are many options to choose from, and I would need more information such as a particular game you'd like to run or a budget you have to stay within.
sorry for commenting late.I want to play apex legends .Budget is around $100-$150.