Question Best way to determine if you can upgrade motherboard bios. ASRock ab350m and Ryzen 3700x

Dougyyyyy

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2016
I have been trying to figure out if I can or should get some new bios to gain a few features. I have an ASRock ab350m and a Ryzen 3700x. It started with 6.4 on the ASRock website it only lists 5.8 but obviously that is not the latest one that works. I know it can be a tricky procedure so I dont want to botch everything up. Best I can tell the newer ASRock bios seemingly seems like it should work. Best way to determine if will or wont?

Thanks

Lutfij

Titan
Is this the motherboard you're working with? You need to be careful since not all BIOSes are meant for the same chipsetted board and I see a lot more ASRock boards with an AB350M in it's title. You might want to list the specs to your system like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.
and perhaps help us understand if your BIOS update or the need for it is warranted.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I have been trying to figure out if I can or should get some new bios to gain a few features. I have an ASRock ab350m and a Ryzen 3700x. It started with 6.4 on the ASRock website it only lists 5.8 but obviously that is not the latest one that works. I know it can be a tricky procedure so I dont want to botch everything up. Best I can tell the newer ASRock bios seemingly seems like it should work. Best way to determine if will or wont?

Thanks
If your not having problems with what you have there no reason to risk a update.