Beware!!! Newegg will not take any responsibility for Item lost or Item Not Received!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 4, 2018
Last month i bough the Microsoft Surface book from Newegg with the price of 999$ course I tough the deal was good for me. But I item has never arrived to me. The tracking show delivered and left on front door. Why the hell they left the 1000$ package on front door! I contact Newegg marketplace seller and they refuse to take any responsibility for item lost. They said it is my responsibility for item lost. Why it would be my responsibility for item not received. WTF! I never said that to leave the package on front door. Every time i ask, they said item has been delivered. But they can't show the signature signed proof of delivery. Currently i am working in SEA country and i gave them the my friend Ph No, who live there all the time, to call and tell what to do. But they never call. They didn't take any responsibility. Then I make a claim directly from newegg and wait for long days and weeks and nothing replied.

So i have to dispute the charge through the bank and Newegg suspense my account!!!!! wew. Now i can't even see my order history and invoice etc. Look like they are trying to destroy the evidences ! what kind of customer service is that!.

From my perspective, it is their responsibility for item lost or item not received or whatever. My responsibility is make sure the amount of money transferred to them. It is their responsibility to make sure item has delivered to the buyer. I have never been in this situation, this is my 1st time and worst nightmare with Newegg. Now i understand why my friends said, "Stay With Amazon". I don't know much about Amazon claim customer service, but Amazon has better reputation in customer service. I also bought from BnH and never have a problem with them, only the price are a little bit high. My mistake is that i forgot to check the Newegg Seller rating. They don't have good rating, mostly negative review. I was lure out by low 50% off price. zzz. i am so noob. DO NOT BUY from that seller "Digital and More". Never Ever buy from low rating seller!

So be careful when buying from them. By some reason if the item lost or item not received, they won't take any responsibility. Now i understand what the words "Newegg" mean. That means your bank account or credit card will become like egg, like 0.00$ a lot of eggs....

The responsibility lies with the shipper, NOT with Newegg. The shipper is the one that (supposedly) left the item on your doorstep, all Newegg did was ship it. Once it's out of their hands they have absolutely no control over it.

^ I dunno , I disagree with that.

The seller chooses the shipping option & delivery courier - If stuff goes missing its down to the seller to look into as they're the one who have a contract with the delivery firm.

Apr 4, 2018
Whether they have control over it or not, it is their responsibility to make sure item was delivered to the buyer. It was the buyer duty to make sure the amount of money is transferred to them. It is their responsibility to make sure the item is delivered to customer. There is no option to choose shipping method or take signature service etc and i hope "Ok things will be ok as always.." since i never have a problem. But :( :( :( .

For example, if i dropped the amount of money for the item i want to buy in front of the door of newegg/seller and i said " Hay i have dropped the money on your door step! Just send the package now!". Will they send it to me if they can't find the money? Hell NO!. And will they take like " Oh.. we newegg didn't find the money you dropped. but it is our responsibility and we will mark money is transferred. Thanks!" ?. Hell NO.! again!!.

And i agree if the package is lost, it is seller duty to start contacting with their delivery firm. But that seller "Digital and More" DO NOthing! As I said i am currently in SEA country i told the seller to call my friends who live there for what to do. I never said them to left the package on door. And These seller are selling under the Newegg Marketplace. So I made a Newegg claim for item not received and wait for too long and no single reply :(.. My 1st time item lost and it was nightmare with newegg :(. My friends said amazon claim service is better, i don't know much about that.. I should have take my friends advice "Stick With Amazon" :( XD.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Whether they have control over it or not, it is their responsibility to make sure item was delivered to the buyer.

Actually no. It's the responsibility of the carrier to make sure the package was delivered. There is no provision in their contract with the Newegg Marketplace seller that says the package must be signed for by the recipient. Why do you think there are so many stories about stolen packages every Holiday Season?

Now I've never dealt with that Marketplace seller, so I don't know what carrier option they used, but I do know that FedEx and UPS do have options that, once you have a tracking number, allow you to instead have the package held at the local store/central office. That way, if you know you're not going to be home, when they typically deliver, they don't even put it on the truck. It's held at the local location until you pick it up.

As for when a package is lost, if the carrier claims the package was delivered and you don't have it, it's YOUR responsibility to contact the carrier, with the tracking number and raise a stink. Tracking numbers are issued once the carrier takes ownership of the package. Once the tracking number has been issued, it is no longer the seller's responsibility.

If you get no where with the carrier, then YOU let the seller know that you will be disputing the charge with your credit card company/bank. Once those funds are restricted, the seller will usually be more helpful.

Bottom line here is that YOU have more responsibility here than you think.

-Wolf sends

Apr 4, 2018

lel, why it would be my responsibility.? Did i choose the delivery company, did i tell them to left the package on the front door?
If you sell something and i bought it from you. I transferred the money but never arrived to you, will you deliver the item to me? Will you think that it is your responsibility? If the bank say transferred but there is no record or they left at your front door and never found, will you accept that this is your fault and deliver the package to me? Think about that.

This is when I’m glad I live in the UK. One of the best consumer rights of any country but we do pay extra for it. Here this would definitely be the responsibility of the seller, if the item is lost the seller would be the one to deal with the courier and any insurance claim, it’s their courier working on their instructions.

Seems disgusting to me that a company would effectively sub contract out the delivery process and then expect that this removes any responsibility from them.

USAFRet

Titan

Did you get a tracking number from the shipping company?
DHL, FEDEX, UPS?
Yes?

And what did it say? Delivered?
Did you contact them?

Wolfshadw

Titan
Did i choose the delivery company?
Yes, when you opted to purchase from the seller. Not their fault you do not know who the carrier is or their delivery policies. Did you bother to ask?

Did i tell them to left the package on the front door?
I'm guessing "No" on this one, but again, did you bother to find out before you made the decision to make the purchase?

If you sell something and i bought it from you. I transferred the money but never arrived to you, will you deliver the item to me? Will you think that it is your responsibility?
Of course not! That's not how it works. If you press the confirmation button in my checkout page, but the funds are never transferred to my account, of course I'm not going to ship the item! I will notify you that your payment was never received and you have XX number of days provide sufficient funds or I'm putting the product back on the shelf.

If the bank say transferred but there is no record or they left at your front door and never found, will you accept that this is your fault and deliver the package to me?
Of course not. If you walk into my store, pick up an item, and start walking out the door, I'm not going to let you go just because you said you paid. I'm going to stop you and ask to see a receipt.

This is where you, as the buyer, need to initiate action to dispute the charge.

I don't see why this is so difficult for you to understand

1) You ordered an item from Digital and More.
2) Digital and More received payment for the item.
3) Digital and More contacted their carrier saying they had a package for delivery to your address.
4) The carrier generates a shipping label and tracking number.
5) Digital and More transfers the package to the carrier and accepts the tracking number
6) The carrier accepts the package and initiates the delivery process by putting it on a truck/airplane.
7) Digital and More sends you notification that the item has shipped and gives you the tracking number. THIS ENDS Digital and More's OBLIGATION!
8) The carrier delivers the package via their policy. That policy apparently says it's OK to leave the package at the front door if no one answers.
9) The carrier the marks the package as, "Delivered". This ends the carrier's responsibilities.

Anything that happens from here on out (to include the package theft) is YOUR responsibility. The seller and the carrier did everything by the book. If no one was going to be home when the package was going to be delivered, then you should have made other arrangements (like making sure your friends were available to accept it). If they said they would, but didn't, that's their screw up and if your dispute fails, you should take up the $1000 loss with them!

If you don't know who the carrier is, ask the seller!
If you don't like the carrier's policy, don't use them!
If there isn't any other option through this seller, don't use them!
If your friends are that unreliable, don't use them either!

-Wolf sends

If you don't know who the carrier is and you don't know their delivery policy, that's ON YOU!
If you did not receive the package after it was marked as delivered, then it ON YOU to initiate the investigation with the carrier.
If the carrier refuses to cooperate or simply states, we know it was delivered and here is our documentation, it's ON YOU to contact the seller and inform them of the dispute and that your only recourse is to have the credit company dispute the charge.

Wolfshadw

Titan
BTW. Did you remember to contact the police in regards to the stolen package? Not much they can do about it except keep an eye out for the thief/thieves. You can also keep an eye out in local pawn shops, ebay, craigslist, etc... and check for someone trying to sell a brand new Microsoft Surface.

-Wolf sends

Apr 4, 2018

I also don't know why it is so difficult for you to understand too..
Now, you won't deliver the item if you didn't receive the money, right?
You won't let me take the item if i can't show you the receipt right?

If i show you that the money was actually transferred with bank slip or receipt from my side only, will you think like "Oh, you actually transferred the money and i haven't received it but it is my responsibility and i will let you take the item!" ?

or i will show you receipt but there is no signature or stamp or any proof of you or your staff make a deal with me, will you think " Ok, you have receipt with no proof but it is my responsibility and i will let you take it!"?

or the bank statement show money was transferred, but you or non of your staff received it.
When you ask, I will give you the proof with no detail, like just show "Transferred".
When you ask, I will give you the proof with no detail, to check that i transferred to your correct bank account number or not.
Will you take the proof and let me take the item? and think like "Oh it is my responsibility, because he show Transferred!"?

When i ask the seller to give me proof of delivery, that proof just shown " Left on front door" , There is no info about that the item was truly delivery to correct address, no info about whether the item was left on our apartment front door. Every time i request them to give me more detail info , they just send me stupid tracking No. and that nonsense proof again and again.

You will not deliver or let me take the item until you haven't received the money right? No matter how much i tell you or even if i can give you proof that the money was actually transferred, until you haven't received the money you will not let your item go. Even the money was missing in between you and bank, who will be the one need to asking, contacting, tracing with bank? ME. You will said to me like " Hay, i haven't received the money will you please check with your bank?"
Or will you think that it is your responsibility and you will deal with the bank on your own and deliver the item to me?

And one thing, I am NOT buying directly from Digital and More, I will NEVER buy directly from any seller. I bought it because that seller is UNDER NEWEGG Marketplace! And I hope sellers under Newegg Marketplace should be reliable.... and i was wrong. I double check before buying, there is no option for choosing the delivery method and carrier.

USAFRet

Titan

Did you contact the delivery company?

Wolfshadw

Titan
Now, you won't deliver the item if you didn't receive the money, right?
Correct

You won't let me take the item if i can't show you the receipt right?
Correct

If i show you that the money was actually transferred with bank slip or receipt from my side only, will you think like "Oh, you actually transferred the money and i haven't received it but it is my responsibility and i will let you take the item!" ?
No, I would not, but I would take your claim seriously and check our records as well as confirming with the bank that the transfer was made. But this is a moot point in your case as the item WAS shipped.

or i will show you receipt but there is no signature or stamp or any proof of you or your staff make a deal with me, will you think " Ok, you have receipt with no proof but it is my responsibility and i will let you take it!"?
A receipt without a signature, timestamp, or proof of staff involvement is not a valid receipt and you do not get to take the item. Also a moot point in your case as you do have a valid receipt. Check your Recent Purchases on Newegg's site. You'll probably want to print this out, btw.

or the bank statement show money was transferred, but you or non of your staff received it.
If the bank can verify the funds were transferred to my account, then there is an issue on my end. Regardless, the funds were not deposited into my account and therefore, I do not ship the item. However, with the bank's confirmation of funds transferred to my account, but I have no record of it, I need to find out where the issue lies. Once that has been resolved and funds are in my account, then I ship the item. On the other hand, if I find the bank is in error, then I notify you that the transaction was not completed and you should contact the bank to have that transaction voided.

Again a moot point in your case as the payment was received and the item was shipped.

When you ask, I will give you the proof with no detail, like just show "Transferred".
When you ask, I will give you the proof with no detail, to check that i transferred to your correct bank account number or not.
Will you take the proof and let me take the item? and think like "Oh it is my responsibility, because he show Transferred!"?
The only proof I need is funds in my account. Once that happens, I'll ship the item. Until that happens, I will not ship it. Still a moot point as the item was shipped to you.

When i ask the seller to give me proof of delivery, that proof just shown " Left on front door" , There is no info about that the item was truly delivery to correct address, no info about whether the item was left on our apartment front door. Every time i request them to give me more detail info , they just send me stupid tracking No. and that nonsense proof again and again.
That's because you're asking the seller. As I said earlier, as soon as the item is shipped, it's no longer a concern of the seller. Funds were transferred and the item was shipped. You keep talking about proof. They're showing you proof that the item shipped by giving you the Tracking Number. You're barking up the wrong tree. You need to be discussing this with the carrier not the seller.

You will not deliver or let me take the item until you haven't received the money right? No matter how much i tell you or even if i can give you proof that the money was actually transferred, until you haven't received the money you will not let your item go. Even the money was missing in between you and bank, who will be the one need to asking, contacting, tracing with bank? ME. You will said to me like " Hay, i haven't received the money will you please check with your bank?"
Or will you think that it is your responsibility and you will deal with the bank on your own and deliver the item to me?
Correct (assuming there are some typos here).
If I do not have funds in my account, then I will tell you the transaction was not completed If your records show otherwise, then you need to figure out what happened with the bank. This is called disputing the charge, which I'm fairly certain I've advised you to do already. Again, this is a moot point in your case as the funds were successfully transferred and the item was shipped. Once that happens, it's no longer a concern of the seller. They fulfilled their responsibilities in the matter.

And one thing, I am NOT buying directly from Digital and More, I will NEVER buy directly from any seller. I bought it because that seller is UNDER NEWEGG Marketplace!
Umm.... yes. you are and yes you did. If you go back to the "Newegg" link for the item you purchase, on the right-hand side, just above the price and Add to Cart button, you will see the statement: "Sold and shipped by:" The Newegg Marketplace is like a big mall. You have your big stores (Newegg) and bunch of smaller side stores. If you go to one of these smaller side stores, any purchase you make there has nothing to do with the big store.

And I hope sellers under Newegg Marketplace should be reliable.... and i was wrong.
You can hope all you want. You can complain to Newegg all you want, but about the only thing you can do is register a complaint against Digital and More and request that they be removed from the Marketplace. Newegg might investigate, but unless they've received an inordinate number of complaints against them, I wouldn't count on it.

I double check before buying, there is no option for choosing the delivery method and carrier.
Actually, I checked that myself and you are correct! There is no option for selecting a different carrier. But then there's that whole part about Accepting the Terms and Services (I think it's a check box you have to check before the online transaction can complete). I'd be willing to bet that the carrier is listed there.

I am really sorry that this happened to you, but hopefully, you learned a hard and expensive lesson. I would still try and dispute the charge with the bank. I would still take issue with the carrier and find out what your options are. I would still contact your local police and report the theft.

It will probably amount to nothing, but doing nothing will definitely amount to nothing.

-Wolf sends

^ if all this is correct then thinbs work massively differently in the uk.

This would be the sellers responsibility 100% over here.

The delivery contract is with the seller, a $1000 item should be fully tracked,insured against loss or damage & only delivered physically to the address & signed for.

Anything less is plainly not good enough in my eyes.

USAFRet

Titan

Here (USA), it's both.
The 'seller' AND the delivery carrier. And in this instance, the "seller" is a 3rd party, not necessarily Newegg.

Everything says "Left on the doorstep"
OK then...contact the delivery carrier. The drivers are actually humans, and he may remember something.
Maybe it went to the wrong house.

"Signature Required" is often up to the buyer to request. Especially when dealing with a 3rd party seller at Newegg or Amazon.
In that instance, Newegg is just providing the screenspace to advertise the product. The actual transaction happens between the buyer and the 3rd party seller.

The people to contact, in order:
The delivery carrier. Did the guy accidentally screw up?
The 3rd party seller. "Yo...I never got it"
Newegg. "Hey...your 3rd party seller is screwing me over. Fix this"
Bank/credit card company. Dispute the charges.

Investigation is what is needed.

Oh I agree , I'm not blaming newegg themselves.

I won't purchase amazon marketplace items nowadays unless theyre actually labelled prime & kept my in stock at amazon warehouses.

I've received some absolutely trash in the past , junky Chinese ripoffs rather than the official stuff I ordered.

I also got ripped completely for £250 on a gtx 1060. (Along with about 50 other buyers)

Respect to amazon , they'll back the buyer 100% , fake stuff was returned/refunded no issue at all, had the money back for the gpu within 7 days of initial complaint.

USAFRet

Titan

Last year I ordered some 'specialty' cheese from an Amazon Marketplace reseller.
Never arrived.
Amazon just pointed at them..."They need to fix it"
Multiple back and forth..."Our supplier, blah blah"
'Dude...where's my cheese?'
"Oh I'm sorry, blah blah"
(said cheese was readily available on the shelf at Whole Foods)
'So carry your narrow ass down to the store, buy some, box it up, and send it to me. I don't care about 'your supplier' '

Only after repeated threats of bad reviews at Amazon and chargeback did they finally give me a full refund. I then went down to the store and bought it myself.

Many, many of these 3rd party sellers have zero "inventory". They simply take the order, order it from somewhere else, and have it dropshipped to you. Skimming a teeny bit off the top for their 'profit'.

Status
Not open for further replies.