BG/TotSC without CD?

Hi!

I have installed BG and TotSC again after a hard disk failure. Even
though I have already finished the game twice I like to play around
with it now and again.
I have installed the latest patch (1.3.5521) and copied all the CDs to
the hard drive so I do not have to juggle CDs all the time.

I am looking for two things:
1. Does anybody have a no-cd patch for this version? Yes, I do have
the original game and it is registered. I am just lazy and do not like
switching CDs when switching between games. I had a patch which got
lost when my hard drive failed and I cannot find it anywhere on the
net, since the game is quite old.
2. Also, since I have an imported version of the game, it complains
when the country is not set to US/Cananda. Is there a way around this
without switching the country settings?

TIA,
Stefan

"Stefan vom Bruch" <stefan@vombruch.NO-SPAM.com> wrote in message

> Hi!
>
> I have installed BG and TotSC again after a hard disk failure. Even
> though I have already finished the game twice I like to play around
> with it now and again.
> I have installed the latest patch (1.3.5521) and copied all the CDs to
> the hard drive so I do not have to juggle CDs all the time.
>
> I am looking for two things:
> 1. Does anybody have a no-cd patch for this version? Yes, I do have
> the original game and it is registered. I am just lazy and do not like
> switching CDs when switching between games. I had a patch which got
> lost when my hard drive failed and I cannot find it anywhere on the
> net, since the game is quite old.

I have gone looking, since I want to put it on a laptop I have that has no
internal drives

Here is what I found

"Michael Anderson" <txa1265@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Stefan vom Bruch" <stefan@vombruch.NO-SPAM.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Hi!
> >
> > I have installed BG and TotSC again after a hard disk failure. Even
> > though I have already finished the game twice I like to play around
> > with it now and again.
> > I have installed the latest patch (1.3.5521) and copied all the CDs to
> > the hard drive so I do not have to juggle CDs all the time.
> >
> > I am looking for two things:
> > 1. Does anybody have a no-cd patch for this version? Yes, I do have
> > the original game and it is registered. I am just lazy and do not like
> > switching CDs when switching between games. I had a patch which got
> > lost when my hard drive failed and I cannot find it anywhere on the
> > net, since the game is quite old.
>
> I have gone looking, since I want to put it on a laptop I have that has no
> internal drives
>
> Here is what I found

http://gameguru.ru/files/nocd/baldurs_gate_no_cd_v135521.rar

No clue if it works ...

Sorry ... hit send instead of paste ...

Mike

> "Michael Anderson" <txa1265@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > "Stefan vom Bruch" <stefan@vombruch.NO-SPAM.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > I have installed BG and TotSC again after a hard disk failure. Even
> > > though I have already finished the game twice I like to play around
> > > with it now and again.
> > > I have installed the latest patch (1.3.5521) and copied all the CDs to
> > > the hard drive so I do not have to juggle CDs all the time.
> > >
> > > I am looking for two things:
> > > 1. Does anybody have a no-cd patch for this version? Yes, I do have
> > > the original game and it is registered. I am just lazy and do not like
> > > switching CDs when switching between games. I had a patch which got
> > > lost when my hard drive failed and I cannot find it anywhere on the
> > > net, since the game is quite old.
> >
> > I have gone looking, since I want to put it on a laptop I have that has
no
> > internal drives
> >
> > Here is what I found
>
> http://gameguru.ru/files/nocd/baldurs_gate_no_cd_v135521.rar
>
> No clue if it works ...
>
> Sorry ... hit send instead of paste ...
>
> Mike

OK, I can now confirm that it works ... I have a nice 2 lb BG machine ;)

Mike

TRENDING THREADS