Question .bin extract for chromebook recovery

zainulhaq125

Reputable
Dec 16, 2017
Hi, I don't have access to windows and Linux at this time and my chromebook ssd is formatted. So i want to recover it. I have image file for my chromebook which is in .bin format. So i don't have means to extract bin file to usb. Can anybody here download this file and extract it for me then upload it so i can download extracted files?
Thanks.

Ralston18

Titan
Recover from what....?

What happened to the SSD/Chromebook? Details....?

= = = =

"Can anybody here download this file and extract it for me then upload it so i can download extracted files? "

No.

How was that .bin image file created? What software did you use?

The software used to create the image should also allow you to perform the necessary recovery.

If not, what error messages are being presented when restoration attempts fail?

Otherwise you will need to wait until you have access to Windows and Linux in order to proceed with the recovery.

zainulhaq125

Reputable
Dec 16, 2017
Recover from what....?

What happened to the SSD/Chromebook? Details....?

= = = =

"Can anybody here download this file and extract it for me then upload it so i can download extracted files? "

No.

How was that .bin image file created? What software did you use?

The software used to create the image should also allow you to perform the necessary recovery.

If not, what error messages are being presented when restoration attempts fail?

Otherwise you will need to wait until you have access to Windows and Linux in order to proceed with the recovery.
Bin file was downloaded as zip compressed from Google ChromeOS recovery images site. And i want to install chromeOS back to my chromebook which is formatted.

All I need is a tool that can extract bin file to usb flash drive.

But don't have access to windows or Linux.
I think I have to wait for some time to get my hands on some windows pc.

Still not sure about the requirements but going with basic "extract a bin file"...

Research ("Google") "tools to extract .bin files.

I found, as an example:

https://tech4fresher.com/how-to-open-bin-files/

Then when you do the extraction simply direct the extraction output to the target USB flash drive.
My guess would be that right now the only device he has is a smart phone.
If he had a windows system he could just use the chromebook recovery utility from the google store.

Reactions: Ralston18