[SOLVED] BIOS ID Check Error?

Spartan6056

Reputable
Oct 25, 2015
My computer has been having issues lately, and I heard on this particular motherboard the BIOS version it comes with installed isn't very stable and should be updated. I went on the Gigabyte website and downloaded the BIOS update for my board. When I go to install it, I keep getting a BIOS ID check error. Everything I've seen online was people saying they found out they had the wrong motherboard, but unless I'm missing something, this is the board and there are no other options for it.

Board:
https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-x57...ro_wifi-_-13-145-157-_-Product&quicklink=true

Website I downloaded from:
https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/X570-I-AORUS-PRO-WIFI-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

Every download option I've tried so far has given me the same error. There is only 1 revision of it too, so I don't know what the problem could be. I have the motherboard box right in front of me too and everything matches. It's the pro, not the elite and it's the wifi version, not the regular.

Solution
Because it is the wrong motherboard... the one in the gigabyte BIOS download link you posted is the X570I AORUS PRO WIFI, it's the mini ITX version... emphasis on the "I" here.

Your Amazon link points to the X570 AORUS PRO WIFI, the ATX variant of the motherboard.

So the BIOS ID check error is justified, since you're trying to flash a BIOS for a different board.

If you have the one in the amazon link... here's a link to the gigabyte's website to download your BIOS(points to the X570 AORUS PRO WIFI not the X570I from your link):

Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO WIFI BIOS download link
Because it is the wrong motherboard... the one in the gigabyte BIOS download link you posted is the X570I AORUS PRO WIFI, it's the mini ITX version... emphasis on the "I" here.

Your Amazon link points to the X570 AORUS PRO WIFI, the ATX variant of the motherboard.

So the BIOS ID check error is justified, since you're trying to flash a BIOS for a different board.

If you have the one in the amazon link... here's a link to the gigabyte's website to download your BIOS(points to the X570 AORUS PRO WIFI not the X570I from your link):

Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO WIFI BIOS download link

Last edited:
Reactions: kurdtnz
Solution
Mar 24, 2020
OK, all of that is good. But I have the correct download for the correct board. I copied and pasted the board name from the purchase site, and I am still getting BIOS ID Check error. There are two updates, F21, and F30. I tried them both, and they both gave me the same error.

Having said that,just re-reading your post has me more confused.....Firstly you linked the x570 aorus pro wifi board but you put the bios link for the x570 i aorus pro wifi,( as @ChumP already stated.) Then you said, '' It's the pro, not the elite and it's the wifi version.'' And now you said it IS the X570 Aorus Elite WIFI ???

Yeah... another thing that I don't understand is why post from a different account.

It's not difficult to find a BIOS for a motherboard. You just need to open your case or get something like HWinfo and it'll tell you what motherboard you have. Search it on google and VOILA!

You don't need us to do it for you, right?

Reactions: kurdtnz
Mar 24, 2020
Having said that,just re-reading your post has me more confused.....Firstly you linked the x570 aorus pro wifi board but you put the bios link for the x570 i aorus pro wifi,( as @ChumP already stated.) Then you said, '' It's the pro, not the elite and it's the wifi version.'' And now you said it IS the X570 Aorus Elite WIFI ???

Tell you what, I'll do what I did for Gigabyte. I'll post the "store" name and see if I got it right. That way, you won't have 'to do it for me'.

"GIGABYTE X570 AORUS ELITE WIFI AM4 AMD X570 SATA 6Gb/s ATX AMD Motherboard "..., hope this clears it up for you.