[SOLVED] bios keeps resetting after restarting my computer

bilakoc213

Commendable
Feb 27, 2019
hello community i really need help right now i was all excited after i upgraded my gpu from gtx 1060 3gb version to rx 5600 xt but the thing is exactly after upgrading my graphics card i got this problem restarting my pc bios keeps resetting itself its not an overclock issue cause i run tests and all working fine after restart happens did i move accidentally the battery somehow after installing the card? what is happening with gtx 1060 i had no problems but how can my gpu mess with my bios? probably did something to my cmos battery without even knowing it?

True, but most of the time if you have issues like that your battery is borked

you need a 3V CR2032, maybe pull one of an old mobo or out of another device? (carkeys use the same battery)

once you have one, you could just use it to test whether the bios retains it's settings

Riuzaki

Commendable
Aug 23, 2020
i even changed battery and it does the same thing even with stock settings not even overclocking anything i shut down my pc turn it on going to bios it says bios reset reconfigure and all that
Did you tried to contact the motherboard manufacture company? Maybe they can help ya.

Or I think you should update your BIOS to latest version.
You need two system in order to update bios

bilakoc213

Commendable
Feb 27, 2019
Did you tried to contact the motherboard manufacture company? Maybe they can help ya.

Or I think you should update your BIOS to latest version.
You need two system in order to update bios
oh my God it was AMD drivers or AMD adrenaline I used ddu to clean drivers and adrenaline and it doesn't reset my bios anymore

Riuzaki

Commendable
Aug 23, 2020
Which company relates to your motherboard?
Like Gigabyte, MSI, Asus etc.
You should download the drivers Easily by going to your dedicated company official site.