Question Bios not recognizing second slot.

Sep 9, 2022
Greetings, hope everyone is doing good.

I’ll get straight to the issue.
I have a hp pavilion gaming 15, amd ryzen 5 4600H Gtx 1660 ti and 8gb ram, well it used to be 8gb ram.
Somehow the laptop only detecting one slots and ignoring the other.
the both rams work fine, i tested them by inserting one at a time on the detected slot.

i tried reset the laptop, upgrading bios, resetting cmos, and still no results.

on the other hand cpu-z is detecting 8gb ram, so he’s reading both slots.
Adding to that, when i touch them to check the temperature to see if there’s some voltages coming, both are hot.
I had this issue before and i fixed it with the same steps i mentioned above, but sometimes if i slightly move my laptop, it restarts itself or it gives my blue screen.

so guys i really need help here, and to be honest with you all, things are getting hard right now so i cannot afford going to repair place, I’m trying my best to avoid this option.

Thanks.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You should disconnect from the wall, then disconnect the battery from the laptop, remove the sticks of ram and then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Use an eraser to clean the gold contacts on the sticks of ram and then wipe clean, then reseat them into the slots.

Which BIOS version are you working with?
I would advise on reinstalling the OS, after creating your bootable USB installer and see if the issue persists, as a last resort.

Sep 9, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You should disconnect from the wall, then disconnect the battery from the laptop, remove the sticks of ram and then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Use an eraser to clean the gold contacts on the sticks of ram and then wipe clean, then reseat them into the slots.

Which BIOS version are you working with?
I would advise on reinstalling the OS, after creating your bootable USB installer and see if the issue persists, as a last resort.
Hi.

I already did the reinstallation of the OS, still nothing new.

I just did what you said exactly even i setted up a timer for 30 seconds, and still nothing happened but when i powered on the laptop i got cmos checksum invalid 502 so cmos numbers and bios generated numbers arent the same.

My bios version is F.28