Question Bios resets every time while booting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandark52

Honorable
Jul 21, 2014
Hello,

Strangely, my system's bios resets whenever I boot the system. This began to happen after I replaced the thermal paste and normal dusting/cleaning of the system.

The easiest and the noobest way to describe the issue: After powering on the system, it starts for a second, stops and restarts triggering a menu which asks to reset the bios or load default values.

Below are all the failed attempts that I tried:
  1. Re-seating and replacing the CMOS battery, clearing CMOS jumper.
  2. Reflashing the BIOS. (This bricked my motherboard so replaced it with a new one, under warranty.)
  3. Loading default BIOS values. (Works for a short interval of time.)
  4. Booting the system with on board graphics.
  5. Holding power button for 10-15 seconds to drain any existing power.
  6. Checking event manager for any critical errors.
My system specifications are as follows:
CPU: Intel i5 6th gen
PSU: Seasonic 620W
Motherboard: Asrock B150M Hyper/Pro
Ram: HyperX Fury 16gb (8x2)
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB
GPU: Asus GTX 1060 Strix gb

Any help/suggestions would be great!
Thanks in advance!

Regards

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Sounds initially like your CMOS battery could be dying...

Have you tried swapping the CMOS battery entirely? You can pick these up incedibly cheap. I couldn't tell exactly if you meant this by "reseating and replacing" - do you mean you replaced it entirely?

Have you left any CMOS jumpers on the board?

Mandark52

Honorable
Jul 21, 2014
Sounds initially like your CMOS battery could be dying...

Have you tried swapping the CMOS battery entirely? You can pick these up incedibly cheap. I couldn't tell exactly if you meant this by "reseating and replacing" - do you mean you replaced it entirely?

Have you left any CMOS jumpers on the board?

Yes , I did changed the CMOS battery but that didnt work either. Cmos jumpers are set on default instead of CLEAR and I did tried completely removing them as well.

I need to power the system twice:
The system starts, stops and starts again but with no display. And when I press/hold the power button for the 2nd time it starts with a menu which asks to load/reset bios everytime.

R_K

Honorable
Jul 22, 2014
Yes , I did changed the CMOS battery but that didnt work either. Cmos jumpers are set on default instead of CLEAR and I did tried completely removing them as well.

I need to power the system twice:
The system starts, stops and starts again but with no display. And when I press/hold the power button for the 2nd time it starts with a menu which asks to load/reset bios everytime.

This is exactly what happening to my system, my specs;
Cpu - Amd Ryzen 2600
Mobo - MSI B450 Tomahawk (bios 1.50)
Ram - 16gb DDR4 (2x8gb)
Gpu - Gigabyte Gtx1080
Psu - Seasonic M2II 620 Evo.

So, did you managed to figure out what's the problem ??:rolleyes:
It's making me crazyo_O

Mandark52

Honorable
Jul 21, 2014
This is exactly what happening to my system, my specs;
Cpu - Amd Ryzen 2600
Mobo - MSI B450 Tomahawk (bios 1.50)
Ram - 16gb DDR4 (2x8gb)
Gpu - Gigabyte Gtx1080
Psu - Seasonic M2II 620 Evo.

So, did you managed to figure out what's the problem ??:rolleyes:
It's making me crazyo_O

I feel you man! With multiple failed attempts, I am now planning to plug a speaker on the motherboard. I hope this helps troubleshooting the issue further.

R_K

Honorable
Jul 22, 2014
I checked .. psu with hotpluged .. RAM with MemTest86 .. gpu to another machine .. all working correctly.
Now I am checking for shorting in the case .. and cleaning everything and try.

R_K

Honorable
Jul 22, 2014
Everything cleaned and reinserted in the case ...
Pc boots but .. this time while before shutting down suddenly I noticed the GPU Fan went up to 75% and boom its off

Mandark52

Honorable
Jul 21, 2014
Everything cleaned and reinserted in the case ...
Pc boots but .. this time while before shutting down suddenly I noticed the GPU Fan went up to 75% and boom its off

Seems like my problem is solved! Here is what I observed: When I power on the system by gently pushing the power on button, it works. Something is wrong with my case/chasis. Whenever I press the button with enough pressure to hear the click, it doesnt start normally and resets the bios. Just try cleaning the power connections of the case, it might help!

R_K

Honorable
Jul 22, 2014
Seems like my problem is solved! Here is what I observed: When I power on the system by gently pushing the power on button, it works. Something is wrong with my case/chasis. Whenever I press the button with enough pressure to hear the click, it doesnt start normally and resets the bios. Just try cleaning the power connections of the case, it might help!
Now on start, the pc doesn't start for 10mins keeps on turning power On n Off immediately repetitive.
After this 5 to10 times, pc then starts and ask for bios reset, if I keep at that screen for sometime the Pc turns off again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.