marabob

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2001
While searching pricewatch I came across a Biostar m7vkQ mobo with at Duron 800 200 FSB with fan for $85. Seems a great price. The board comes with sound video and lan. All I need it for is simple office work. Email, web surfing, word processing, etc. No big demands on preformance.
Does Biostar make a decent mobo (stable)
Chip set is VIA 8361/VT82C686B
Thanks

When it hits the fan, it make a mess.

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
biostar sells to a lot of oem pc makers I had a board of theirs once ( lx chipset p-II 233) and it is still up and running 4 years later stable as can be on win 98 se in my neighbors house dedicated to his... errr ummm "tweaking" his sattelite dish cards

all I know for sure is thet are better than pc chips boards :smile:

lagger

<b><font color=blue>Checking under my North<font color=red> AND</font color=red> South bridges for <font color=green>Trolls</font color=green></font color=blue>

kief

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2001
They are rather "el cheapo" boards and dont have very many good points, but on the other had I have used several and never had a problem. If you are not looking for anything flashy and price is a strong concern the biostar should be fine. I would not try to push it too much (as in overclocking or aggressive memory timings) and it should be fine.

Jesus saves, but Mario scores!!!