Question Black screen after XMP.

brixyexi

Reputable
Dec 5, 2018
So i just got my new PC. and i went on to the BIOS to turn on XMP. although to my surprise i was faced with a black screen. i fiddled around the settings and saw that XMP works on 3603MHZ. but not on 4000MHZ.
my motherboard supports 4000MHZ although i do not know what the cause of the black screen. i checked ram slots on the motherboard to check if they were put right. and they were. please help.

Specs:

intel i7-12700
asus b660m plus tuf gaming d4
kingston renegade 32gb 2x16 4000mhz
asus rog strix 1000w (if it matters)

Lutfij

Titan
Remove the CMOS battery from your system, while it's powered down and disconnected from the wall and display, replace it after 30 minutes and see if the system regains live when on stock clocks. Once you're able to get POST and are able to boot to OS GUI, get back into BIOS and check to see what your BIOS version is at the time of writing.

What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?

brixyexi

Reputable
Dec 5, 2018
Remove the CMOS battery from your system, while it's powered down and disconnected from the wall and display, replace it after 30 minutes and see if the system regains live when on stock clocks. Once you're able to get POST and are able to boot to OS GUI, get back into BIOS and check to see what your BIOS version is at the time of writing.

I removed the CMOS battery. After putting it back in should i let it fully load the OS till desktop then restart and go to BIOS or thats not needed?

brixyexi

Reputable
Dec 5, 2018

BIOS Version 0.418