Specs:
Ryzen 5 5600x
MSI GTX 1660 Super Ventus XS OC
MSI b550i mpg gaming edge wifi
2x8GB Kingston Fury 3200Mhz
Corsair RM650 PSU
3x LianLi SL120
1x Arctis 120mm fan

I recently installed Marvels Guardians of the Galaxy on my PC and as I was just completing the prologue, the game froze. I tried to get into the task manager but to no avail since my whole PC was frozen. Ultimately my system gave me a BSOD citing "Video TDR failure"

After trying to boot my PC multiple times, I wouldn't load into windows. I would get the POST screen but never reach my desktop, although my PC was running since I could hear USB plug in plug out sounds. Tried Ctrl + Win + Shift + B multiple times but it would ultimately give me "Video TDR failure".

I went into Safe Mode and DDU'd the graphics driver. When I went on to install new graphics drivers in normal mode, the installer would reach the 30% mark and the screen would start flickering, it would go black and never come back although my computer was still on.

After that I tried multiple things:
-Installed new windows but same issue when trying to install graphics driver
-Had a spare SSD at hand, replaced my current boot drive with that and installed windows but still same issue while installing graphics driver.
-Removed other storage drives and tried to boot from a single SSD but still the same error.
-Reseated GPU & RAM multiple times
-Tried Different cable
-Power cycled the whole PC
-Checked windows Logs but nothing Nvidia related came up although there was something was some errors with "KERNELBASE.dll"

My Processor doesnt have an integrated GPU so I can't boot directly by plugging in the motherboard.
I can easily go into Safe Mode and Normal mode too, but the moment I'm installing the graphics driver. Black Screen -> BSOD -> Reboot and the cycle continues.
Another strange thing that I noticed was the moment I connected to Wi-Fi/ethernet, the system would automatically detect GPU drivers and back to the same cycle : Black Screen -> BSOD -> Reboot. Mind you this is with fresh windows installation with absolutely nothing.

I plan on plugging my system to a different monitor but I doubt that'll do me any good.
Can this be a faulty fan controller or a faulty ram? If that'd be the case, why is my PC working fine in Safe Mode but the moment I install graphics drivers, it goes into an endless loop of BSOD.

Please help!

Minidump files: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/6phjs96l75zgd/Minidump
-Also I've undervolted my GPU to 925mV

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Corsair RM650 PSU
How old is the PSU in your build?

Try and install the latest GPU drivers for your discrete GPU, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time?

DeceptiveFTW

Reputable
Feb 12, 2020
Corsair RM650 PSU
How old is the PSU in your build?

Try and install the latest GPU drivers for your discrete GPU, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time?
I got the PSU along with my system which is around 2.5 years now,

I tried running as admin but no help.
Similar issues as what JayzTwoCents had in this video:
View: https://youtu.be/pZuDVwZixD0?si=yFIbVtcimdUFVNW1

Guess the card is pretty much done