Question Black Screen Crash with High Fan Speeds

KroolYouTube

Honorable
Jul 26, 2016
Hello everyone.
I recently went out and bought me an Alienware Aurora R11 desktop, I don't know an insane amount of computers so I figured i'd play it safe and get me a prebuilt. It's a pretty nice computer, runs most popular games nowadays on medium to high at 110-120fps.
But just yesterday my PC will black screen, my iCue profiles for my keyboard and mouse are taken off, and my fans run at max. The ONLY way to turn off my computer is a hard reset.
This will usually occur while in-game, but will occasionally happen even when simply browsing the internet. I did notice for some reason my CPU usage in games is relatively low ~30% but sits between 80-90c most of the time while my GPU is at 80-100% usage but sits at a reasonable temp around 65-75c.
One time my PC wouldn't even fully boot into windows, I was greeted on my screen with some error telling me to connect my PCIE into my GPU; I then opened my case, unplugged it, and plugged it back in. Voila! It works! Well, no. I still get crashes almost every hour.
Lots of people are stating this is a GPU issue but I have not found a single fix for this including rolling back drivers for my 2080 Super.
Help!

KroolYouTube

Honorable
Jul 26, 2016
I have not contacted Dell yet, but I think I would need to go through Best Buys warranty program instead.
Anyways I posted my CPU and GPU Temps in the above post.
16GB Ram, 2080 Super, i7-10700f, 2tb hdd 500gb ssd.

KroolYouTube

Honorable
Jul 26, 2016
It has 2 8gb sticks of hyperfury RAM.
I turned the PC on and was greeted with the same PCIE unplugged error as before. I opened my case, unplugged the PCIE pins and plugged them back in again. On boot, my system went into repair mode and was repairing the C drive.
My CPU fan is working, but there is one fan inside my rig that is not..
Here are the pictures.
View: https://imgur.com/gallery/oQZuX6w

Last edited:

KroolYouTube

Honorable
Jul 26, 2016
I'm not so sure it's a fan that's supposed to stay on.
That photo was actually from where the PSU is. I did some research because I didn't understand why the fan wasn't running. Online postings stating it's totally normal for a PSU fan to not kick in unless temps get too high, in which case they will turn on by themselves. I've yet to see it turn on though even during gaming sessions.
I see a multitude of cables running out of the PSU; which one do I try to unplug and replug?