CPU: i7-11700k
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master 212 Black Edition
GPU: None/Trying to run on integrated graphics
Motherboard: MSI Z590 Gaming Edge Wifi
Power Supply: EVGA 600 W 80 Plus
Storage: WD 1 TB 2.5 inch HDD
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x16 GB RAM
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow
Monitor 1: Samsung Curved Monitor 27 inch (Connected via Displayport)
Monitor 2: Acer LCD Monitor 17 inch (Connected via VGA into HDMI adapter)

This is about the third PC I've built so far so I have a little bit of experience but not enough to call myself an expert. I plugged everything in and the lights and fans on the PC turn on as planned. However, neither of the monitors turn on. They stay on a black screen and the BIOS doesn't even show up. I have a flash drive plugged in with a Windows 10 media display tool on it but I still can't get it to boot up. I followed a Youtube video with a similar problem to take out the CMOS battery and drain the computer of energy to restore the BIOS to default settings so it could recognize the integrated graphics, but even after doing all of that, it did not work. Could anyone shed any sort of knowledge on how we could tackle this problem? It has me completely stumped because my first PC that I built was a Ryzen 3 3200g and after setting that up in a PC, it set up and worked perfectly. I don't know if there is a different process regarded intel but I have no idea where to go from here. Any sort of advice would help! Thanks again in advance. Also, if there is any other information you may require, I would be more than happy to present it, if possible.

Take the flash drive out and see if you at least get to see the bios screen using just the DP connection and the one monitor.
You may need to select DP as the input to the monitor.

Dumb question?
Are you certain that the cpu is a I7-11700K and not a I7-11700KF which does not have integrated graphics.

I might add that you should be using a 1tb ssd of any kind(m.2, sata, pcie...) and not an HDD for the C drive.

Reactions: punkncat

shahmhemani

Reputable
Jul 16, 2018
Double checked the CPU and it is indeed the 11700K not the KF, and the SSD part itself shouldn’t matter correct? It can still boot and work using an HDD as the main hard drive? Also, yes I made sure that it was on DP for the input. It keeps saying that there is a red light on the CPU light.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2021
Did you ever figure out how to fix this. I know how to uninstall the graphics driver once it it causes a black screen through command prompt, but I've tried numerous different versions of the graphics drivers as well as different versions of Windows (after making sure it is a compatible version). I have the same CPU and MSI Z590 Unify Motherboard. If you have figured it out at all, I would appreciate the help so much. I basically wasted $2000 on a new computer for my girlfriend just for her to not be able to use it due to graphics drivers issues. I also have not been able to access the BIOS.