[Black Screen] Next step?

I-Am-Mellow

Commendable
Sep 30, 2016
Introduction
Good morning, this is my very first post on this forum so feel free to move the thread if it's under the wrong category. I am also fairly new to computer hardware so take that into account.

Problem
I have had my computer for three years now and briefly speaking, yesterday my monitor went pitch black (when I was in-game), I there after turned off my computer and switched monitor and the black screen remained.
Note
The CPU heatsink is also fairly hot.

Now, I am aware that there are plenty of other similar threads like this and guides on how to spot the problem. Which I either have read or skimmed through.

Now, I've ordered a new video card, which should solve the problem but if it does not, then what is the next step? Power supply? Motherboard?

Solution
I was thinking perhaps your monitor died on you. If the game sounds did run on, then it would confirm that the monitor died.

But to test this, rig your monitor to a different system and look if it comes alive.

I-Am-Mellow

Commendable
Sep 30, 2016
Have yet to learn how to quote on this forum.

Maz199
I do sadly not know that information besides the graphic card being a
XFX R7800 series
2 - 8Gb ram
I do also know that I have an AMD processor but of which sort remains unkown.

Aeacus
I believe the sound froze too, why if I may ask?

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
I was thinking perhaps your monitor died on you. If the game sounds did run on, then it would confirm that the monitor died.

But to test this, rig your monitor to a different system and look if it comes alive.

Solution