[SOLVED] Black screen, no signal upon switching on, can't shutdown with power button ?

Satsuki2gou

Reputable
Jun 13, 2019
Hello,

When I switch on the PC, the fans and CPU/GPU goes on, LED flashing and fans spinning, but display returns "no signal" message and the keyboard /mouse don't light up.
I read that the RAM can be the cause so I purchased new RAM exactly same ones and replaced it but problem still persist.

I have removed the CMOS battery once and drained it before placing it back in.
Sometimes when I remove all the peripherals and put them back in, it turns on but sometimes it doesn't.

This initially occurred once few months ago but never happened again till now. Since last week it's happening frequently and I don't want to switch on too many times to avoid damaging hardware.

Anyone know how to fix?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
MOBO: MSI AMD B450M Mortar Max Micro-ATX
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo (2x8GB) 3200 CL16
GPU: MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 3060 Ti Gaming X Trio 8GB
PSU: Corsair RM750x

Solution
Hello,

When I switch on the PC, the fans and CPU/GPU goes on, LED flashing and fans spinning, but display returns "no signal" message and the keyboard /mouse don't light up.
I read that the RAM can be the cause so I purchased new RAM exactly same ones and replaced it but problem still persist.

Sometimes when I remove all the peripherals and put them back in, it turns on but sometimes it doesn't.

This initially occurred once few months ago but never happened again till now. Since last week it's happening frequently and I don't want to switch on too many times to avoid damaging hardware.

Anyone know how to fix?

MOBO: MSI AMD B450M...
Hello,

Anyone know how to fix?

this step by step in order (read till end):
  • Make sure ram is on slot 2 and 4
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors (should be 12 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no and keep uninstalling all processors) on device manager like this:
    unknown.png

and the chipset driver/software in control panel (if there is none just skip)

• Shut down the PC, and remove all components (CPU, GPU, RAM) leaving the 24Pin ATX on the motherboard only, then flash this bios using bios flashback (rename the bios file to MSI.ROM after putting the file onto flashdrive, makesure flash drive is put on the bios flashback usb port).

• After updating bios, put back all the components, then go to bios again, then load default or optimized settings, find AMD SVM and IOMMU options, enable them (if the option is only auto and disable, just leave it auto), set your XMP/Manual OC and PBO/XFR back then save and exit.

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver (should be 3.10.22), reboot, and make sure in power plan, it uses amd ryzen balanced is used, and then connect to internet.

• Install the latest gpu driver.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did). Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• Run cmd as admin, then do chkdsk /x /f /r, after that do sfc /scannow

• And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any and install them (except chipset in optional update).
  • Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
    unknown.png

Solution

Satsuki2gou

Reputable
Jun 13, 2019
this step by step in order (read till end):
  • Make sure ram is on slot 2 and 4
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors (should be 12 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no and keep uninstalling all processors) on device manager like this:
    unknown.png

and the chipset driver/software in control panel (if there is none just skip)

• Shut down the PC, and remove all components (CPU, GPU, RAM) leaving the 24Pin ATX on the motherboard only, then flash this bios using bios flashback (rename the bios file to MSI.ROM after putting the file onto flashdrive, makesure flash drive is put on the bios flashback usb port).

• After updating bios, put back all the components, then go to bios again, then load default or optimized settings, find AMD SVM and IOMMU options, enable them (if the option is only auto and disable, just leave it auto), set your XMP/Manual OC and PBO/XFR back then save and exit.

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver (should be 3.10.22), reboot, and make sure in power plan, it uses amd ryzen balanced is used, and then connect to internet.

• Install the latest gpu driver.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did). Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• Run cmd as admin, then do chkdsk /x /f /r, after that do sfc /scannow

• And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any and install them (except chipset in optional update).
  • Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
    unknown.png
Can't get past disconnect from internet (step 2) as screen is black and no display signal.

Mar 13, 2022
Hello,

Anyone know how to fix?

Hello what monitor you are using ?
And what port you use (DVI, VGA, Display Port or HDMI) ?
no signal message could be cause by the cable is not plugged properly in the display port, therefore no signal from GPU to the monitor

Satsuki2gou

Reputable
Jun 13, 2019
Hello what monitor you are using ?
And what port you use (DVI, VGA, Display Port or HDMI) ?
no signal message could be cause by the cable is not plugged properly in the display port, therefore no signal from GPU to the monitor
ASUS TUF VG27AQ
I have tested monitor and cable using 2x display port cable and 2x hdmi cable. Tested monitor against pc that currently returns "displayport no signal" and a laptop with hdmi port works fine