[SOLVED] Black Screen on boot up??

Huntzman

Prominent
Aug 15, 2019
Hi, So i recently upgraded my GPU in order to play the same games at a higher quality. My system specs are as follows...

Windows 10 Pro
AMD A10 7800 3.5ghz with Cooler Master Hyper H412R 92mm CPU fan
8GB hyper fury DDR3 Ram
Corsair VX450W PSU
AMD HD7770 SAPPHIRE 1GB GPU.....Now upgraded to AMD RX 460 4GB.....(No external power required)
128GB SSD

1TB HDD

Since the new graphics card installation, I have also upgraded to a bigger better monitor which i believe isn't related to the issue.
When i turn the PC on i am frequently greeted by the Gigabyte Screen as usual and then darkness, complete black screen. I press the reset button and it restarts perfectly with no issues, even under load when gaming.

When i installed the new GPU i disabled the integrated graphics on-board the A10 7800 as i read online that can sometimes cause issues. The new card installed absolutely fine, Drivers all up to date and getting very good fps in most games, some that wouldn't even load before.

Any ideas what could be causing the black screen issue>??

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Just guessing here...
Have you upgraded to the latest BIOS?

How old is your PSU? It does not fit fully as the sole problem but it might be.

Can you try a different PSU (better quality/wattage preferably)?

Also enable your integrated graphics again and remove your GPU. Does the problem remain? If no, it should be the PSU.
Just guessing here...
Have you upgraded to the latest BIOS?

How old is your PSU? It does not fit fully as the sole problem but it might be.

Can you try a different PSU (better quality/wattage preferably)?

Also enable your integrated graphics again and remove your GPU. Does the problem remain? If no, it should be the PSU.

Solution

Huntzman

Prominent
Aug 15, 2019
Thanks for your reply, I think i may have just fixed it, I enabled the integrated graphics and started from the beginning. It turned on no probs, I opened AMD Settings and my RX 460 is set as primary., Maybe it needs the integrated upon start up before the card takes over??