Question Black Screening After Disabling CSM

w0nders

Honorable
Aug 15, 2016
Like many, I had to enable Secure Boot in my bios, however mine was already enabled but not showing so in Windows. I read that I had to disable CSM, so I did. When my computer rebooted, it displayed a black screen- never showed Asus Logo / the option to enter BIOS, or a Windows loading screen. My motherboard's diagnostic light shows that it's an issue with 'Boot'. My problem is, I can't even enter the BIOS or any kind of configuration to revert the changes. I've tried clearing my CMOS many times to no avail, along with replugging my graphics card in the possibility that it was just a display issue (I also tried it on another monitor and tried both HDMI and Displayport on the motherboard and graphics card), but my monitors still receive no input. Anyone know what I should do to get back into the BIOS?

Specs:
i7 8700k
Asus Z390i Gaming
GTX 1070 SC
32gb ddr4 Trident Z ram

w0nders

Honorable
Aug 15, 2016
Did you try plugging your display to the motherboard's onboard display outputs? As for your clearing of the CMOS, can you walk us through how you did it?
Yes, I tried plugging both HDMI and DP but nothing worked. For clearing the CMOS, I shorted the Clear CMOS jumper using my screw driver. I know it worked, because my PC started up and restarted after a couple seconds (whereas it would just immediately boot and stay on when I didn't)