Question Blackscreen on booting and bluescreen on waking from sleep mode

Apr 3, 2019
Hey everybody,

a few weeks ago I reinstalled Windows 10 because it got pretty slow over time. Instead of formatting the drive I just let Windows 10 reinstall itself so that I don't have to back up all my files and stuff.

Since the re-installation I have some issues:

1. When I start the PC it shows the boot logo and then the Windows logo before all displays loose their signal.
When I switch off the PC, turn the PSU off and on again and then boot everything works fine (until the next cold boot).

2. When the PC goes into sleep mode and I wake it I get a bluescreen every time (Internal power error).

Since the errors didn't occur before the re-installation I'm guessing on a driver issue.
I re-installed the NVIDIA drivers and also updated the BIOS but this didn't help.

Does anyone have any ideas on what might be the problem?

EDIT:
Setup:
ASUS Prime x370 Pro
G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16 GB @3000
Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Advanced
Ryzen 5 1600x
Corsair RM650x
Samsung 850 Evo (System)
Samsung 960 Evo
WD Blue 1 TB

Quarkzquarkz

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2013
Never ever reinstall the same os over an older os because if your hard drive or solid state drive has been cluttered to hell during this time, chances are that it's only inevitable that you will run into strange problems during bootup or installation such as blue screens, driver conflicts, hang up/freezes etc...

What you should have done was take the time to move your required files/folders/documents to a usb external drive or some other storage and then completely reformat your current drive. not only will this give you a fresh storage space to start from, a lot of your programs and os will load better too from avoiding all the mess it incurred over time. A lot of people are saying cloning your drive is ok too but I'm against that as well because if you had a problem with all that before the move, you are just transferring that same problem over to your new drive as well.

Take that extra step for a clean install, it may seem rather tedious and painstaking but you will see a huge huge difference, Good luck!

Apr 3, 2019
Never ever reinstall the same os over an older os because if your hard drive or solid state drive has been cluttered to hell during this time, chances are that it's only inevitable that you will run into strange problems during bootup or installation such as blue screens, driver conflicts, hang up/freezes etc...

What you should have done was take the time to move your required files/folders/documents to a usb external drive or some other storage and then completely reformat your current drive. not only will this give you a fresh storage space to start from, a lot of your programs and os will load better too from avoiding all the mess it incurred over time. A lot of people are saying cloning your drive is ok too but I'm against that as well because if you had a problem with all that before the move, you are just transferring that same problem over to your new drive as well.

Take that extra step for a clean install, it may seem rather tedious and painstaking but you will see a huge huge difference, Good luck!

Thanks for the quick reply. I guess I shouldn't have been so lazy then xD
I'll try a clean reinstall.

TRENDING THREADS