[SOLVED] Blinking screen

Mar 11, 2020
Hello All,

I have an HP laptop Model #: 15-bw011dx that when powered on the screen lights up then goes black and it just repeats this process. I can hear the fans, and all lights are working. At first I thought the screen might be bad so I hooked up the laptop to an external monitor via HDMI cable, it didn't work nothing came up on the external monitor. I figured out that the issue is probably a corrupted bios.

The first time I tried to get to the bios update screen using the ctrl + b combination I got the error message " the CMOS checksum is invalid CMOS reset <502>" I pushed enter, but the laptop restarted and I tried the ctrl + b combination again, but I got the same error message. So then I entered the bios and pushed F9 to load the default bios configuration. After that I was able to get to the bios update screen.

I followed the article on HP on how to update the bios via flash drive. The update process seems to going well. Then I get this error message "The System BIOS recovery failed verification of flashed bios failed" The laptop restarts and tries the bios update process starts all over again with the same result. The flash drive I am using is a sandisk cruzer 1GB if that helps any.

I am pretty sure this a corrupted bios problem, but could it be hardware related and if so what? Any help or advice would be very helpful.

Solution
Hello

I was wondering if you already tried power resetting your laptop before flashing BIOS update? If not, please follow the instructions given here and see if the process helps.

Feel free to report back for any further assistance.

Cheers!!