Blizzard President Admits to Botched Diablo 3 Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

sacre

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
Stopped playing myself, a while ago actually. I didn't even hit lvl 60, why? because there was nothing to it... all I did was kill monsters in the same levels over and over again just to get gold so i can buy yellows and continue to grind.

There was no work at it, just repetitive slashing for gold.. yellows i broke down, VERY rarely sold and for what? Gold? to buy more yellows? to farm yellows? to buy yellows?

Same monsters over and over, just more abilities. It was just.. too little.

Oh well.

[citation][nom]sacre[/nom]Stopped playing myself, a while ago actually. I didn't even hit lvl 60, why? because there was nothing to it... all I did was kill monsters in the same levels over and over again just to get gold so i can buy yellows and continue to grind.There was no work at it, just repetitive slashing for gold.. yellows i broke down, VERY rarely sold and for what? Gold? to buy more yellows? to farm yellows? to buy yellows? Same monsters over and over, just more abilities. It was just.. too little.Oh well.[/citation]

Couldn't agree more, the game felt far too anaemic.

pezonator

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
I've been playing the game for a few weeks now casually and am lvl 21. My girlfriend also plays and is the same level. Having never played Diablo before, I didn't know any of the story but we are enjoying it. Yes the latency can be annoying 5% of the time but the game works and it's interesting and fun. We don't farm, we just play the game and progress through the story.

All I want to do is finish the game on Normal and that's it, I see no reason to repeat it another 3 times... And before you ask, it was a bday present from friends, so I didn't actually buy it, winning :)

elcentral

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
"We’ve never gone from 0 to more than 6 million players across multiple continents within a few days with a brand-new Singel/forced multiplater player game,"

L0tus

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
Played it for 6hrs and somewhat enjoyed it. But I binned it cos I refuse to support games that require me to be online just to play single-player. It's patronizing and dangerously Orwellian.

klavis

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
[citation][nom]sacre[/nom]Stopped playing myself, a while ago actually. I didn't even hit lvl 60, why? because there was nothing to it... all I did was kill monsters in the same levels over and over again just to get gold so i can buy yellows and continue to grind.There was no work at it, just repetitive slashing for gold.. yellows i broke down, VERY rarely sold and for what? Gold? to buy more yellows? to farm yellows? to buy yellows? Same monsters over and over, just more abilities. It was just.. too little.Oh well.[/citation]

I'm not sure what you expected, that is pretty much what Diablo 2 was. Well except that to get better gear you need to use the AH in D3 because crap for your class rarely drops, which is super annoying.

schnitter

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
I stopped playing a long time ago. At first, I saw it as a waste of $60, but now I see it as the last time I'll trust in Activision+Blizzard so I am now SAVING $60 from Mist of Pandaria + $15 a month! Now that is a DEAL!

zachusaman

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011
how about stop trying to passing it off as an MMO and drop this online requirement crap? does nothing but make the game frustrating to play and increase security risks.

uruquiora

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2010
[citation][nom]zeratul600[/nom]that is the old school diablo with new graphics! why do you complaint about it?[/citation]
actually, no. I know quite a bunch of players that have more fun going back to D2...

G

why is there diablo 3 news on this site? leave the fucking shit game alone and move on. this game is horrible. its outdated graphics, low content.... the act 1 of titan quest has more content. the items are shit, the broker is shit, the lag is shit, the hacking is shit. customization is shit, and this game is COMPLETELY SHIT.

i bought the CE in anticipation of something the same or beter then d2... which turned out was a big let down... lets just say that i played more d2 on launch day then d3....

can somone please explain how we can get that SHIT, when there was 4-5 years worked on it?

someone buy me a full fledge fucking engine and il make something hundred times better then that crap. not that i think much of myself, just that i dont think i can make something that shit.

the ONLY thing diablo 3 did that was good/unique is the character attack animations. rest is bullshit...

edwarddc

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
I stopped playing a month ago, after hitting the "inferno wall". The only available way to proceed is to farm items or spend (a lot) of gold/dollars at the action house. And I refuse to spend more money. I expected to pay 60 dollars and play the entire game, but blizzard made it in a way you can't finish the game without spending more. Developers and the useless game masters will tell you it's totally possible to finish the game without using the action house, but this is a big fat lie. Dear Blizzard, do not count on me to future Diablo releases or expansions. I know I'm only one, but I also know thousands of other players feel exactly the same. We expected Diablo III to be Diablo II with better graphics and mechanics, but all we got was an unfinished and unpolished product, lots of bugs, with the stupid always online requirement to single player.

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
So the first 2 Diablo's were very similar to D3 in the dungeon crawl experience... and I loved those games. The big difference is that in the first two I could expect to adventure my way into the best gear, part of the fun was hacking and slashing for loot. These days the only way to get the best gear for a gamer that can't spend his every waking hour playing d3 is the Auction House... and that's a game crushing deficiency. I played through the first difficulty level and essentially there's nothing left for me to do, nothing new to see, no expectation that I can get cool loot in the amount of time I've got to play... so I stopped playing.

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
I'm also a diehard D1 & D2 fan like panderaamon... so it's kindof sad that now I'm looking forward to Torchlight 2 with only a handful of hours into D3. I won't be buying D4, and letting go of a franchise that's been on my top ten list for over a decade sucks.

airborne11b

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2008
Well to be fair, blizzard hasn't made a truly good video game in a very long time. Their big cash cow WoW, was designed to generate sales, not innovate or be cutting edge. They know if they make an extremely complex game, or a game with high system requirements, sales will suffer.

Then look at D3, it was just a re skinned (poorly done too might I add) D2. It brought nothing amazing or innovative. More like D2.5

Same thing with Star Craft 2. It was just a "slightly" better graphics version of SC1 with a couple extra units. Meanwhile, other strategy games made by real companies are innovating. Look at Company of Heroes, with at the time great graphics, and a combat system that focused on manuvering your troops into advantage spots (multiple units firing on enemies from different positions *flanking* does more damage, tanks and anti armor do more damage from behind, strategic use of artillery and assets, infantry fighting in the open take more damage than infantry fighting near stone wall or sandbag cover, etc etc)

All I'm saying is that this is blizzard's model. Make an un-innovating, simplistic rehash of another similar game and shove it down fanboi's throats. They never try anything that hasn't been done before. It's almost as if they are incapable or afraid to do something different.

Oh well, money talks and they move a lot of units, so who cares right?

super d spamalot

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012
I played D3 right up until I couldn't play my single player game for 6 hours because the servers were down. It's ok though, it's just taught me that Blizzard is now one of the bad guys and to avoid them from now on. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.