Blizzard's Next MMO to be Different From WoW

Status
Not open for further replies.

cryogenic

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2006
Blizzard knows they need another MMO. Wow is the most popular MMO right now, but it can't be refreshed forever, it will eventually die of old age. No matter what new things all those expansions bring, it's still the same core game, core mechanics and core gameplay, and after years of playing its' players will eventually tire of it (I did).

So yes, they are right to make a new MMO even if it competes with WOW, overall there should be a net gain on player numbers no matter if some migrate away from WOW.

superphrank

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2009
It won't be World of Starcraft. Blizzard said it would be a completely new universe. So it won't have anything to do with Warcraft, Starcraft, or Diablo.

valcron

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2002
Let hope its good. I have said this before but since the Merger with Activision WoW (& blizzard in general) has gone down hill, getting worse with each expansion until the unfinished WOTLK was released. It still doesn't feel like a finished product. Only play it because of my friends now. Even those sessions i dread from time to time.

cryogenic

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2006
[citation][nom]krasno[/nom]Does it mean we will get World of Starcraft?[/citation]

"Universe of Starcraft" maybe ..., Starcraft is not a World, there are many worlds in Starcraft.

Ciuy

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
In the end the gaming world will consist of 2 things. Playing WoW and playing BLoW.

Stop hyping this next gen MMO Blizzard is going to release. Dont you ppl get it???? This isnt going to release in the next 5 years. We`ll all have a loong beard and use a cane to walk . Get over it.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]Cryogenic[/nom]Blizzard knows they need another MMO. Wow is the most popular MMO right now, but it can't be refreshed forever, it will eventually die of old age. No matter what new things all those expansions bring, it's still the same core game, core mechanics and core gameplay, and after years of playing its' players will eventually tire of it (I did).So yes, they are right to make a new MMO even if it competes with WOW, overall there should be a net gain on player numbers no matter if some migrate away from WOW.[/citation]

yes they can and they will. addicts will be addicts

about the news though, they probably will delay it, so i foresee a release date in 2019

Major7up

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009
I would like to see them develop some new IP's. Warcraft,Starcraft and Diablo are all fine and dandy, but lets try something different from all of those please!

tektek

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
World of lost Vikings? Diablo Den? or Beyond AIUR? so many different names.. same option.. 15 bux a month please and pay it with a smile!!

skora

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2008
I'd be more worried about D3 cannibalizing WoW players than a new MMORPG. WoW will only be as strong as the community that plays it. All games are that way for that matter. D2 died when all the heavy contributers exhausted all the possible character builds. It's taken too long for a new content patch and D2 online will stay dead. WoW will suffer the same fate unless they are going to keep adding expansions that press beyond level 99. Time is against them though. They wait too long like they have been for all their other releases, and there will already be some new shiney MMO with a great community to capture their attention for a while.

I like the idea of starcraft MMO. Maybe they can use some of the work they put into Ghost to have a product launch before 2019 as said above.

japnoise99

Distinguished
May 9, 2009
Someday MMO's are going to be marketed like fighter games. WOW vs EQ Universe... EVE vs Star Trek Online... Pirates of the Burning Sea vs Star wars Galaxies would be awesome!

jerohmeee

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
I would not be surprised if this next gen MMO comes out sooner than you guys think. Blizzard knows the huge success of wow will not last forever. In fact I think wow is "over the hill". The best days of wow are in the past now. Blizzard will need a new MMO to pick up the subscribers that are leaving wow.

Think about it... next years blizzcon cataclysm will be out as well as SC2. That just leaved diablo 3. I would not be surprised if Blizzard announces this new MMO next year. I am guessing a 2012 release.

zachary k

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
(IDK why only the first 5 words of my message got through) a MMO that isnt 80% under 16 year olds talking in all caps running around the game braindead and charging into battle with NO plan who goes crazy whenever someone mentions boobs, or some meme in any way, shape or form? one can only hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.