Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.misc (More info?)

I have been asked to look into making a "Blood Bowl" pitch and I know there
is someone out there who knows the dimensions and field layout. Could
someone please help me out.

--
May your staff be swift and your blade be quick.

blaile@wt.net
http://web.wt.net/~ozgood

Blaile Greenfern wrote:
> I have been asked to look into making a "Blood Bowl" pitch and I know
> there is someone out there who knows the dimensions and field layout.
> Could someone please help me out.

The standard pitch is approximately 17.5" wide & 30" long, divided into 15
squares wide and 26 squares long (with the rows on the long ends reserved
for the goals). Bear in mind the board itself in the game is a little
bigger than this since it also incorporates the scoring area, but that's not
necessary if you can track it some other way.

One of my gaming buddies has created a Blood Bowl pitch using a 2' x 4'
piece of plywood, equally divided up into squares as listed above (15x26).
The beauty of that is that it's not as tight on the board as a regular pitch
and can accomodate the larger creatures a little better. I'd say that as
long as you're somewhere between the larger & smaller and still have the
same # of squares, you'll be just fine.

Interestingly enough, there used to be rules to allow players to create any
size pitch for their teams. I always dreamed of a Treeman team with a pitch
that was about 6 squares wide... <grin>

--gair