PCcashCow

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2002
I'm looking use blowers or some better air moving fans to create a semi vacume in my case. Water cooling isn't and option for me beacuse of price, and it isn't really what I need. Datech makes a DC blower but theres only 27cfms comming out of it, and I am assuming that my 5 fan arsinal pulls more than that. So I wondering if anyone knew of any high cfm blowers that I can get the desired affect from?

-Tim
Ps Happy Fathers day to all :)
It seems that every time I reboot my wallet gets smaller. <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by PcCashcow on 06/15/03 10:34 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

error_911

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2002
I would suggest checking out <A HREF="http://www.ebm.com" target="_new">EBM Industries</A>, the North American manufacturers/distributors of Papst fans - they've got a huge catalogue of fans (I've got the paper version and its almost the size of a phone book), and I'm sure you'll be able to fond something you like. Then simply contact them and they can point you out to a local distributor... but I warn you, it's going to be expensive (I was about to purchase a 172mm fan from them, till I found out it was $75, heh).

<b>I have nothing better to say</b>

LtBlue14

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2002
what do you mean you want a "semi vacuum" in your case? are you just trying to get mega airflow?
if noise is no concern and 80mm fan holes are all you have, go for the old "delta screamer" which moves 84cfm (at 55dB)
it's an 80x80x38mm fan, which means it's almost twice as deep as a normal case fan. get 5 of those on there and you'll be moving some air =)
you'll also be susceptible to going deaf at an early age lol
if you have some 120mm fan slots (particularly in the front or top of your case) then those will obviously move more air than an 80mm fan. fan positioning is also important. have your front bottom fans blowing in, and your top back fans blowing out of the case. this will set up good airflow across your components. if you've got a side fan, have it pointing inward, and if you've got a top fan, have it blowing up and out of the case

PS: tell me if noise IS a factor, and why do you feel you need more airflow anyway?

<A HREF="http://www.planettribes.com/allyourbase/ayb2.swf" target="_new">411 UR 84$3 R 8310N6 2 U$</A><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by LtBlue14 on 06/15/03 05:59 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Grub

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
Do a search for Comair Rotron. They have a line of smaller cheaper fans that generate upwards of 50 CFM and 1.8" H2O. You can purchase them from Newark elecronics. Keywords: Biscuit DC blower, Viking DC Blower...Hope this helps

PS I'm using the Viking and I love it...

"There's 2 things I can't stand, people who are intolerant of other people's cultures...and the Dutch!"
-Nigel Powers, Austin's father

PCcashCow

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2002
Cool i came by them before be wasnt sure about them, now that i know Dc blowers work for you im going for it!!

Cheers!

It seems that every time I reboot my wallet gets smaller.